4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

sniper tuning

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 07:10 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Default RE: sniper tuning

I'm in Iraq and its the middle of the day here. Plus my patrol times change all the time so I can be on at anytime and it would look like I don't sleep.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:49 AM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

ORIGINAL: bjh061487

is sniper a windows based app or can it run on an apple too? i have both but would prefer to run it on my mac if possible
[/align][/align]Windows only, 2000/XP is best however it will run on Vista (yuk) with some tweaking during installation.[/align]
Old 05-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Topdog922
1st Gear Member

well i hate to burst the bubble on sniper, but i got mine last week and it didnt work right. it had a bad interface i was very pissed. so i called sniper to make sure i did everything correct, cause hooking it up is a bitch. i did everything right. i could not load a tune i created. the only thing the tune was good for was watching live stream data thats it. so i had to send it back. when i was tlaking to them they were very friendly willing to help me out i was on the phone for about 40 minutes with them. so i sent it back and its in the mail back to them now. i bought it from rpmoutlet.com i was a little upset cause i paid so much for it and it didnt work. but they are sending me another free of charge. i will keep people updated about my progress.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:49 PM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Topdog922

well i hate to burst the bubble on sniper, but i got mine last week and it didnt work right. it had a bad interface i was very pissed. so i called sniper to make sure i did everything correct, cause hooking it up is a bitch. i did everything right. i could not load a tune i created. the only thing the tune was good for was watching live stream data thats it. so i had to send it back. when i was tlaking to them they were very friendly willing to help me out i was on the phone for about 40 minutes with them. so i sent it back and its in the mail back to them now. i bought it from rpmoutlet.com i was a little upset cause i paid so much for it and it didnt work. but they are sending me another free of charge. i will keep people updated about my progress.

Key word "RpmOutlet"

I shall say no more........

Old 05-28-2008, 12:49 AM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

[/align][/align]Sniper will make it right--do not worry about that...[/align][/align]Did you happen to notice what firmware version was loaded on the interface box (there is usually a round label with the version on it). Version 12 had problems and was recalled--RPM Outlet may have shipped from old stock.[/align][/align]
Old 05-28-2008, 12:55 AM
ottos
2nd Gear Member

For those interested, I just got the Commando software and it looks OK so far. The s/w itself is burned onto a generic CD and it looks like I can only load it onto 1 PC, if you need to load it on another (like both my desktop and laptop), they say they will charge for that.

I'll be talking to them about that to make sure i understood their disclaimer correctly.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:10 AM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cliffyk

[/align][/align]Sniper will make it right--do not worry about that...[/align][/align]Did you happen to notice what firmware version was loaded on the interface box (there is usually a round label with the version on it). Version 12 had problems and was recalled--RPM Outlet may have shipped from old stock.[/align][/align]
The one item I ever purchased from that company was obviously used, missing several parts and was damaged.
Getting them to exchange it was an exercise in patience.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that he got another customer's problem...
I swear they just repack problem parts and pawn them off on the next sucker hoping he won't notice.
I'll never buy from them again, never.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:39 AM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

The good news here is that it says Sniper on it and I know they will make it right.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:55 AM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bjh061487

is sniper a windows based app or can it run on an apple too? i have both but would prefer to run it on my mac if possible
I know you can run widows on a mac. Not sure what software you need to buy, but I know its possible. I was gonna do that, but I needed a notebook anyways and decided to get a PC (big mistake) so i could run all the programs that didn't speak apple.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:59 AM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cliffyk

The good news here is that it says Sniper on it and I know they will make it right.
No doubt!
They are a fine company!