4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Why is my stance so high???

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 10:49 PM
Melectrok
2nd Gear Member

Default Why is my stance so high???

I am just about finished with my rear suspension. Heres a list of what I got.

96 Cobra Coupe
Stock Rear Axle +410
Stock Upper Control Arms
MM Non Adjustable Lower Control Arms
H&R Race Springs
Bilstein HD Shocks
Stock Quadshock
MM Panhard Bar
Stock Swaybar
MM Poly Spring Iso's

After reassembling the rear I put the axle on jack stands to let it hold the weight and it appears to be sitting way high. I put the rear tire on and I have 5.5 inchs between the top of the fender and my 245 45ZR17's. There is 4-5 inchs of travel before the bump stop, and there is no way I will be able to level the panhard bar because the chasis mount part is 2.5 inches higher off the ground then the axle mount at its lowest setting. (I current have remove the panhard bar connecting link so the system is not binding). I have placed the rear springs with the tail to the rear facing the drivers side. The tail does not even touch the iso under the cars weight.

Does anyone know where something may be wrong here? I dont think its going to settle 3 inchs. I beleive the lca's are suppose to be close to level under load. I did torque the UCA bolts already durring assembly only to find out that im not to do that until the suspension is loaded. Dont think that is holding me up that far. The only think I can think of is the fact that the front is still on jack stands. I have the stands on the frame rail just before the k member. I dont think I am taking that much weight off the rear am I?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thank You for your time.[/align]
Old 05-11-2008, 10:57 PM
blackstallion666
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Why is my stance so high???

you would be surprised. loosen the lower control arms and retighten them when the vehicles weight is on the axle. this should take care of your problem.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:44 AM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Yes it becasue your car is still on jack stands in the front[8D] Your car must be on all 4 tires before you make any suspention adjustments or assumptions
Old 05-12-2008, 02:12 PM
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BraMas

Yes it becasue your car is still on jack stands in the front[8D] Your car must be on all 4 tires before you make any suspention adjustments or assumptions
My car squats like crazy when I jack up the front under the k-member??? Unless he has one side jacked up and not the other is the only way to cause that.
Also Blackstallion, The lower control arms he states are non-adjustables so there is no adj to be screwed up. 2nd, it dosn't matter where your car is or how it is when you bolt those on. They are a freely moving component. Unbolting them and having weight to bolt them back down isn't going to change anything. You can have your car lying on its side to bolt the lower control arms if you wanted. (If the car is on it's side, you would prob be taking them off or getting arrested....lol)

Ohh, What up Bramas!..lol shhhhhhh