4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

still wanting more

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 01:31 PM
dh04 red gt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: still wanting more

Also by the time i change the heads and intake plus installation. probably cost the same as a supercharger install. Steeda who does all my work for me said around 7500 for a supercharger and installation. that would definetly do the trick but i want the engine to last. and i wonder for that much or little more could i find a cobra motor for my year 2004. and would not have to worry about the bottom end
Old 05-13-2008, 01:33 PM
GStam66
4th Gear Member

No you cant swap the 3v heads onto the 2v block. They wont fit. Nor will the 4V heads. The max you can go on the stock block is stage 2. Stage 3 valves are bigger and will hit the cylinderwall on the stock block, you'll have to get a new one.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:38 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

mezier electric water pump, and a dyno tune should net you another ~20rwhp. If that not enough, look into cams since the rest of the boltons don't do hardly anything. You've got the big ones (mid-pipe, catback, and tune). If you still want more power after that, then look into cams and heads if you have the money (notice the cams first). I would definitely not even think about getting ported heads without cams to match or you'll be sadly dissapoited by the gains.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:05 PM
02 Ninja
5th Gear Member

I told ya'll this sh*t was addictive [sm=signs007.gif], now we have another guy bitten by the bug. Now you really need to sit down and be realistic about what you want to do in the future. Many will say s/c, but it's hard to find 5k just lying around the house. You wanna stay n/a then get a set of Fox lake or Patriot Heads and get some cams with a custom grind. There are many routs to take and it all cost $$$$$$$$$$$ so make up your mind and get busy
Old 05-14-2008, 12:27 AM
Dapimpilator

ORIGINAL: 02 Ninja

I told ya'll this sh*t was addictive [sm=signs007.gif], now we have another guy bitten by the bug. Now you really need to sit down and be realistic about what you want to do in the future. Many will say s/c, but it's hard to find 5k just lying around the house. You wanna stay n/a then get a set of Fox lake or Patriot Heads and get some cams with a custom grind. There are many routs to take and it all cost $$$$$$$$$$$ so make up your mind and get busy
Sorry noob here, what do you mean custom grind on the cams.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:00 AM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GStam66

No you cant swap the 3v heads onto the 2v block. They wont fit. Nor will the 4V heads. The max you can go on the stock block is stage 2. Stage 3 valves are bigger and will hit the cylinderwall on the stock block, you'll have to get a new one.
Why are there people out there with 3v and 4v head swaps then? It might take a little work, but it definitely can happen. But if you ask me its not worth the time or money since for much less trouble and for probably less money you can just buy a blower and push more than a NA 3 or 4 valve.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:20 AM
dh04 red gt
2nd Gear Member

well a supercharger is the way to go I guess. It would be nice to just skip all the little 5hp here and 5hp there stuff and go to around 100 hp more. I'm just worried that I wil blow my engine a year down the road because its to much. and what about gas mileage what is the change on mile per gallon. But if I decide to do supercharger. I will first beef up suspension and brakes. to handle the extra 100hp.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:47 AM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dh04 red gt

well a supercharger is the way to go I guess. It would be nice to just skip all the little 5hp here and 5hp there stuff and go to around 100 hp more. I'm just worried that I wil blow my engine a year down the road because its to much. and what about gas mileage what is the change on mile per gallon. But if I decide to do supercharger. I will first beef up suspension and brakes. to handle the extra 100hp.
F/Iis the way to go. No need for the suspension or brake up grades either, unless you plan on driving (honestly) likea complete maniac. Besides it can handle 8-10lbs of boost safely. Anything more than that and you would need to do some internal forging.

If your going to get gears with the S/C, go with the 3:73s. Any higher than that and your tires will spin a lot.

If you plan on getting a S/C, save, save , save your money. It'll be worth the wait
Old 05-14-2008, 08:32 AM
dh04 red gt
2nd Gear Member

thanks for the info. and I already have 3.73 gears. But I alwayes was lead to beleive and still do that before adding that much hp upgrade braking and suspension not tring to drive like a manaic. but why supercharge if your not going to get on it every now and then
Old 05-14-2008, 09:37 AM
GStam66
4th Gear Member

Custom grind cams basically means you call up a cam company, tell em what mods you have/plan to use with the cams. And ask em to "custom grind" cams for your car, that would give you the most power. Hence custom. Made specifically for your cars mods.

Quick Reply: still wanting more