4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

EVERYTHING I WILL NEED FOR GEARS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 01:13 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: EVERYTHING I WILL NEED FOR GEARS?

ORIGINAL: JonBeast

gears and o/r midpipe = my best mods so far

get a midpipe, lol driveshaft, you have been perusing the mustangtuning.com drivetrain section too much.

i have too! i have been on rpmoutlet.com and mustangtuning.com alot lately looking at mods...
Old 04-25-2005, 01:14 AM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

get a midpipe, lol driveshaft, you have been perusing the mustangtuning.com drivetrain section too much.

i have too! i have been on rpmoutlet.com and mustangtuning.com alot lately looking at mods...
Same here. I was on there looking for just a shifter and ended up spending $600! I can't help it, lol.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:19 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

Same here. I was on there looking for just a shifter and ended up spending $600! I can't help it, lol.

yea, i was on there last week just looking at stuff to get and i ended up spending 308 dollars! i got the TB and plenum last week. what did you end up getting after spedning 600 bucks? had to be a few pretty nice things.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:27 AM
JonBeast

Well I intended on just getting a shifter, but I ended up buy a shifter, intake spacer, cai (cancelled it, on back order too long), king cobra clutch, and a motive rear end rebuild kit for my gears. I got mod fever, lol.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:30 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

Well I intended on just getting a shifter, but I ended up buy a shifter, intake spacer, cai (cancelled it, on back order too long), king cobra clutch, and a motive rear end rebuild kit for my gears. I got mod fever, lol.

damn you got alot of stuff! tell me how your new clutch feels.. ive toyed with the idea of a new clutch. i think a CAI would help you out pretty good since you have all those other mods. do you have any of the PI stuff on your stang?
Old 04-25-2005, 01:32 AM
JonBeast

damn you got alot of stuff! tell me how your new clutch feels.. ive toyed with the idea of a new clutch. i think a CAI would help you out pretty good since you have all those other mods. do you have any of the PI stuff on your stang?
I love the clutch. My old one was real bad, so I had to get a new one. It is shorter and lighter. Install got me good though, about $350. I don't have PI's but I might do them this summer. They are the best mod I could do, but my car has 114K on it, so I am considering an engine swap in the future.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:36 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

yea, those PI heads and intake will give you over 40 hp probably. that would deffinatly be a noticeable gain. i want to get my heads ported this summer
Old 04-25-2005, 01:44 AM
JonBeast

yea, those PI heads and intake will give you over 40 hp probably. that would deffinatly be a noticeable gain. i want to get my heads ported this summer
I just put an o/r h-pipe on my car a couple days ago, that is maybe good for 8-10 hp to the wheels, and my car feels SO much faster. I can't even imagine what 40+ hp to the wheels would feel like!
Old 04-25-2005, 09:44 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

i'm a slightly different case. i cruise the classifieds on a few stang forums just to see what's there. usually anything listed for 99+ i buy. i really need to stop doing that. i just got a steeda tri-ax and acer put it in for me yesterday. i'd like to say i helped, but i really didn't do too much.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:48 AM
kubball2005
4th Gear Member

mustangtuning is overpriced IMO. I'd rather search around and find my parts for less.

Quick Reply: EVERYTHING I WILL NEED FOR GEARS?