4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Professional Products thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 08:23 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Professional Products thoughts

Thats cool have your opinion. But if you gave them attitude like you did on here im sure they treated you like crap, I would have.

I was missing one bolt for the lower intake cover when I got my intake and called trickflow. I had the bolt the next evening. I'm sure shipping cost more then the bolt for them on that one so I am impressed with them.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:43 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

I'd recommend PP's full intake system to anyone. TB(polished)/Plenum(polished)/Intake here, and couldn't be happier. They look awesome, and if they were so sucky, there'd be alot of N/A 2v's around here outrunning me.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:53 PM
highspeed
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lizzyfan

ORIGINAL: oxfordgt

Crap pure crap.
My thought exactly!
+ 1...

I bought their SFI 9007 Balancer and spacer ($200+)for my '94 GT. After a few months the powder coating on it started chipping away along with thedegree marksand then they wanted to blame the shop that installeditfor the problem. I hassled them about four or five times about it and every time they said they would open a claim and send me an email with the info to RMA the product. I never got the email!!!

Not only is their stuff crappy... but they also don't give a crap about their customers!

If ever you think of buying something from them... think about this... what is the cost of labor to put the part on, and what is the cost ofrepurchasing the brand of productyou really wanted from the beginning.

Chances are it will cost you more in the long run...
Old 05-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Nawzzz

I have there 75mm TB, PLenum, and there manifold and I have no complaints from any of it... I would recomend them to anyone...
Old 05-14-2008, 09:07 PM
highspeed
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jbauer

Nope. I'm a certified BMW/VW tech, i dont install much wrong, especially on american cars.
Trickflow called me stupid, cussed at me, so bad so that the ebay business i bought it from Swore that he would not sell another trickflow product again.
As far as im concerned trickflow SUCKS. Hell, PP is the cheapest of the cheap and they copied trickflow, theres your proof right there. their products the cheapest to copy.

Trickflow- if your out there reading this, F u you SOBs
I believe it was actually the Edelbrock Performer thatPP mimicked with their Typhoon intake.

TrickFlow twisted wedge heads are, to my understanding, one of the best bolt on heads you can get without doing port work...with port workthe AFR's are really good.

I have also seen and heard many TFS camm'd Stangs... stage two and three... They are really nice andproduce great power.

It's a real shame you had a bad experience with the TFS products... they are truely a good product IMO.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:36 AM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

I am a mechanical engineer (MIT '71) and my observations of the PP TB and plenum are that they are well made in all relevant terms (design, choice of materials, machining and assembly). Other than the need to slightly open up the bell crank keyhole slot for the throttle cable's barrel end (5 seconds with a rattail file) the TB has performed well for 35k miles. There's not much to go wrong with a plenum...[/align][/align]They may well be made in China (a shorter list would be "things not made in China"), I cannot find any indication of where they were made. [/align][/align]Also, they are identical to the Trick Flow TB and plenum, right down to the mold lines and knockout pin locations. If PP cloned Trick Flow, or vice-versa, they somebody either bought or stole the other's mold forms.[/align]
Old 05-15-2008, 08:42 AM
Eagle2000GT
4th Gear Member

I have a BBK TB. I had to drill the hole a little larger to get the throttle cable to fit. It was inconvienent because I had to take it back off to drill it out but that TB is made to fit a lot of different carswith differentthrottle cables. I also had to adjust the set screw so that accelerator wouldn't stick. It was a 1/16th turn on the set screw. All you have to do is let a little air past the butterfly valve so that it doesn't vacuum lock. These are common problems across all brands.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:32 AM
98SN95
2nd Gear Member

it does really come down to quality control, with these types of parts!
Old 05-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Jbauer
4th Gear Member

No- i didn't give them an additude. I was actually VERY kind like i am with most people on the phone. i never even raised my voice, i just got so tired of dealing with them.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Jbauer
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Eagle2000GT

I have a BBK TB. I had to drill the hole a little larger to get the throttle cable to fit. It was inconvienent because I had to take it back off to drill itThese are common problems across all brands.
Never heard of Accufab having those problems[&:]

Quick Reply: Professional Products thoughts