4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Estimated time 1/4 mi ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 10:50 PM
Monster2v

Default RE: Estimated time 1/4 mi ?

ORIGINAL: JonBeast

ORIGINAL: kubball2005

ORIGINAL: devinsteen

If you are a really good driver you could see mid 14's.....there is some dude on here that has done it. Most likely low 15's......with a little practice you could go high 14's.
I'm hoping for mid-14s, maybe even low 14s.....? We'll see
I've been running consistent 14.2s with the mods I have so if you run low 14s I'll be glad to sell my stang 'cause that's retarded. For me my problem is traction. My 60' times are just over 2 sec. which kinda sucks so I with some better tires and traction mods I'll be in the 13s easy.
I'm hoping for more around mid-14s
My buddy with a 00GT ran 13.7 with just gears and a shifter...sounds like you are having some pretty bad problems if you are in the low 14s with your mods.
Yea he's referring to me, Ive run 13.7's and 13.8's with 373s tri axe and magnaflow catback, but i havent yet to run it with the diablosport offroad x and headers. My best et is 13.7 at 103 with a 2.15 60 ft time, ive got some seriously bald nt555's on the back and have serious traction issues. Ive been told my car is a freak, but its good driving, thats the best mod you can have for a car is a good driver. By the way all my runs I DO NOT POWERSHIFT AND NORMALLY SHIFT TOWARDS REDLINE, i am going to experiment with shifting at 5500 bc that has produced consistently low time slips for me. I should have new times in a week and a half.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:12 PM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: Monster2v

ORIGINAL: devinsteen

If you are a really good driver you could see mid 14's.....there is some dude on here that has done it. Most likely low 15's......with a little practice you could go high 14's.
I'm hoping for mid-14s, maybe even low 14s.....? We'll see
I've been running consistent 14.2s with the mods I have so if you run low 14s I'll be glad to sell my stang 'cause that's retarded. For me my problem is traction. My 60' times are just over 2 sec. which kinda sucks so I with some better tires and traction mods I'll be in the 13s easy.
I'm hoping for more around mid-14s
My buddy with a 00GT ran 13.7 with just gears and a shifter...sounds like you are having some pretty bad problems if you are in the low 14s with your mods.
Yea he's referring to me, Ive run 13.7's and 13.8's with 373s tri axe and magnaflow catback, but i havent yet to run it with the diablosport offroad x and headers. My best et is 13.7 at 103 with a 2.15 60 ft time, ive got some seriously bald nt555's on the back and have serious traction issues. Ive been told my car is a freak, but its good driving, thats the best mod you can have for a car is a good driver. By the way all my runs I DO NOT POWERSHIFT AND NORMALLY SHIFT TOWARDS REDLINE, i am going to experiment with shifting at 5500 bc that has produced consistently low time slips for me. I should have new times in a week and a half.
YES I WAS
Old 04-26-2005, 03:24 PM
kubball2005
4th Gear Member

Just a thought... but would new plugs and/or injectors maybe help with the overall performance of my engine? I bought my car from a car auction last summer and it has no dings or scratches on it at all but it did have 88k miles on it, which meant the owner(s) before me had done mostly highway driving cause there's no way you can keep a car scratch and dingless in the city. The reason I was thinking about the plugs and injectors is that I don't know if any maintenence has been done in regards to them or not, and it makes absolutely no sense why my times are so close to cars with the same 60' times as me.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:30 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Just a thought... but would new plugs and/or injectors maybe help with the overall performance of my engine? I bought my car from a car auction last summer and it has no dings or scratches on it at all but it did have 88k miles on it, which meant the owner(s) before me had done mostly highway driving cause there's no way you can keep a car scratch and dingless in the city. The reason I was thinking about the plugs and injectors is that I don't know if any maintenence has been done in regards to them or not, and it makes absolutely no sense why my times are so close to cars with the same 60' times as me.
Wouldn't hurt. For plugs, use NGK TR55's
Old 04-26-2005, 03:35 PM
kubball2005
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

Wouldn't hurt. For plugs, use NGK TR55's
Alright, and would the injectors help you think? I'm just going to replace hte stock ones, not get any bigger ones. Are there any other little things that might be hindering my engine's performance?
Old 04-26-2005, 03:39 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

how much did you spend on your car at that auction?
Old 04-27-2005, 01:20 AM
kubball2005
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

how much did you spend on your car at that auction?
8400 (wholesale baby ), not one ding on it, interior was in great shape besides a couple burn holes from a smoker.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna replace the plugs but what about those injectors?
Old 04-27-2005, 02:36 PM
snlpa
2nd Gear Member

I changed plugs at 30K and the gaps were huge....so yes change plugs. I put in new plugs and my factory air silencer back on and picked up power. Also been running 93 octane(shell). It was pinging on 89(shell). I'll bet your fuel injectors are still good.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:38 PM
kubball2005
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the reply, and how hard is it to change the plugs? I don't think I'll have any problems doing it myself but if anyone has some helpful tips that would be great.