4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Cam for bone Stock '04 GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 07:10 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Cam for bone Stock '04 GT

no its not ricer...its innovative! the guy said he just wanted the sound! so it would just give him the sound! jeez who buys a cam for just the sound? if your gonna tear it aprt why not get some performance out of it? this was just a computer chip that took no time at all. HATERS!
Old 05-21-2008, 10:37 AM
35thAnni99GT
3rd Gear Member

Pull a vacuum line off... presto. Insta-fake-cam
Old 05-21-2008, 11:02 AM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: devongarver

no its not ricer...its innovative! the guy said he just wanted the sound! so it would just give him the sound! jeez who buys a cam for just the sound? if your gonna tear it aprt why not get some performance out of it? this was just a computer chip that took no time at all. HATERS!
innovative??? Even if he discovered a way to manipulate the firing order or something of the sorts why take the chace with your motor by don't such a thing just try to impress someone at a red light? I'm sure the word "poser" will get your attention but that's what it sounds like to me. He's acting like he has something that he doesn't, I don't care what you (you as in general terms) drive that is the definition of poser.
I just don't understand why people want others to think they have more mods than they really do. I go out of my way to make my car seem more subtle than it really is. To each his own I guess. Oh, and don't think I'm a hater because he's acting like he has cams when he doesn't.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

If your wife drives your car and you are keeping stock h pipe and want stain steel catback abit louder than stock go with Steeda Catback $550 American Muscle it sounds really good with no drone which is what I havefor my car and would not changethe sound for anything. If you want loudthen this is not the exhaust for you.

If you are going with cam route you want stage II cams for the sound you are looking for and you will need springs which will set you back $800 for both and $500 for install/tune. Don't go with Stage I they won't be lopey enough for you. Plus if you ever do any engine work down the road you will have the stage IIs already. If you ever plan on going with S/C then get a blower cam know for your n/a car it will work fine but it is always good to plan ahead.

I thought I would never go f/i but i did. Note cams like the gas too....
Old 05-21-2008, 12:22 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01GT4.6

innovative??? Even if he discovered a way to manipulate the firing order or something of the sorts why take the chace with your motor by don't such a thing just try to impress someone at a red light? I'm sure the word "poser" will get your attention but that's what it sounds like to me. He's acting like he has something that he doesn't, I don't care what you (you as in general terms) drive that is the definition of poser.
I just don't understand why people want others to think they have more mods than they really do. I go out of my way to make my car seem more subtle than it really is. To each his own I guess. Oh, and don't think I'm a hater because he's acting like he has cams when he doesn't.
yes, innovative. he didnt do it to "impress" anyone at a red light. Simply to fool them for jokes. I just thought since this guy only wanted the sound it fit his application too. Jeez give me a break i never said I would ever do it. I personally think its dumb, but thats not to say someone else might like it. I personally think convertable v6 mustangs should have never even been produced its such a dumb idea, BUT!, that doesnt mean lots of other people dont love them. As far as damaging the motor the guy that made the tune was a tuner by proffession, so i would certainly think he knew enough to not damage anything in the process. Now, can you see where im coming from?
Old 05-21-2008, 12:42 PM
avlon06
5th Gear Member

thats an expensive way just to have a "cool" sound...do a catback if all you want is sound..
Old 05-21-2008, 01:58 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

He had a buddy put some sort of circuit in, i have no idea what (i didnt ask) that is activated by a switch under his stereo. when he wants to mess with someone next to him at a light he just hits the button and it literally adjusts the firing pattern/ timing something i dont know but it sounds JUST like he has a wicked cam. if i didnt know it was electronic to begin with i would never know. ill try to find out what it was and if it can be had easily.

yes, innovative. he didnt do it to "impress" anyone at a red light. Simply to fool them for jokes. I just thought since this guy only wanted the sound it fit his application too. Jeez give me a break i never said I would ever do it. I personally think its dumb, but thats not to say someone else might like it. I personally think convertable v6 mustangs should have never even been produced its such a dumb idea, BUT!, that doesnt mean lots of other people dont love them. As far as damaging the motor the guy that made the tune was a tuner by proffession, so i would certainly think he knew enough to not damage anything in the process. Now, can you see where im coming from?
so is this something innovative that your friend had his buddy came up with or did he pay a professional tuner to do it? Now I'm confused. Also why would professional tuner alter the firing order to make a car sound like it's cammed? Sounds pretty risky to me but what do I know? But if you think just because someone tunes cars as a profession means they are always competent and won't damage your motor then you are mistaken. So I don't see where you are coming from, but that's okay. Maybe this is something new that I haven't heard about and perfectly safe...
Old 05-21-2008, 02:08 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

well his "buddy" happens to tune for a living, when i said buddy in the first statement it was needed to state that he was a tuner. then you challenged the safety so i thought i would mention he was a proffessional. Again, i dont know if it was the firing order i didnt ask, and i cant get ahold of him. But whatever you think is fine, just let me have my opinion as well and dont put me down like im some under-intelligent individual. You realize this all spawned from me offer a simple idea for someone? Now we are arguing over who is right, for what? Im done.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:17 PM
10inch Terror
2nd Gear Member

My CMS Stage 1 are about as agressive as you will get for STOCK valvesprings. My Stage 2 will require a valvespring upgrade. You can find many sound clips on youtube if you search for CMS cams or VT cams (CMS cams is the new name for VT Cams). My Stage 1's will have a lumpy idle and get you about 20-25rwhp more too.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:43 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

1)well his "buddy" happens to tune for a living, when i said buddy in the first statement it was needed to state that he was a tuner. 2)then you challenged the safety so i thought i would mention he was a proffessional. Again, i dont know if it was the firing order i didnt ask, and i cant get ahold of him. But whatever you think is fine, 3)just let me have my opinion as well 4)and dont put me down like im some under-intelligent individual. You realize this all spawned from me offer a simple idea for someone? 5)Now we are arguing over who is right, for what? Im done.
1) all I said was that I was confused with your statement, was that so bad?
2) yes I did challenge the safety, and I stand behind what I said "But if you think just because someone tunes cars as a profession means they are always competent and won't damage your motor then you are mistaken." It happens all the time.
3) I clearly said that you can have your opinion and I can mine here "So I don't see where you are coming from, but that's okay." so I don't see if we are agreeing to disagree or disagreeing about agreeing here...
4) where did I put you down? Do you feel that if someone doesn't agree with you they are putting you down as "some under-intelligent individual"?
5) arguing... was I typing in all caps? Just because someone disagrees with you that doesn't mean they are arguing with you. If that's not the case and you disagree with that statement I just made, does that mean you are aguing w/ me?

I wasn't trying to put you down in any way but I don't agree with some of the things you said. If that hurt your feelings or got under your skin, then I'm sorry. Maybe I'm just not that sensative and things don't bother me like they bother others. Once again, I'm sorry.

Quick Reply: Cam for bone Stock '04 GT