4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

need some help and a word of advice......

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 10:44 PM
johndeeregreen
1st Gear Member

Default need some help and a word of advice......

First and foremost if you are an ebay shopper which most of us more then likley are DO NOT BUY FROM DYNAMIC RACING!!!!!!!!!! it is the biggest crock of $h1t in the world it took them 17 days to ship me my item from pompano beach florida to jacksonville florida! and then charges me 18+ for shipping and handling I could have drove down there and got it!!! anyway besides me being pissed about that. I installed the triple hook quadrant, firewall adjuster, and adjustable cable and well with out directions or adjustment advice with the item I can't get the system to adjust right I get it to where I can push the pedal down and the clutch engages enough to get the car in reverse which is supposed to be the all of it test....... But I can't get the system to adjust to engage right without having the t/o bearing ridding the clutch diaphram, mind this is a new clutch hints the reason for the quadrant upgrade and all. So if there is anyone that knows how to in detail discribe how to adjust the clutch set up the right way please help me out here I am in a sink hole and its filling up fast.......
Old 05-21-2008, 07:18 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Default RE: need some help and a word of advice......

hmm im about to put on steedas kit this weekend...i havent even look for directions yet
Old 05-21-2008, 09:30 AM
johndeeregreen
1st Gear Member

well after doing the quadrant kit it isn't hard at all just take off both the quadrant and the pawl gear and throw them and the springs away and then reinstall the new quad.
If you get the fire wall adjuster then you have to take the rubber gromet off the end of the cable that buts up against firewall and then trim the tabs off the end of it. then fit it in the firewall adjuster then just run the cable and hook it all up I think I finally figure out what is wrong with mine I think that I bumped the t/o bearing and it's not on the shift fork right. anyway hope that helps ya out
Old 05-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Kmoran81
2nd Gear Member

Year of car? transmission? kind of clutch? Give us a bit more info. I am having the same problem with my King Cobra clutch and that same package you have for the quadrant/adjuster/cable
Old 05-21-2008, 06:17 PM
johndeeregreen
1st Gear Member

well I found out what the problem is and the $h1ty thing about it is that I have take the tranny back out. The car is a 96 gt with sohc 4.6 and the tranny is a 98 later t45 I put the f1 stage 1 racing in and well I really like it but I am still working on the whole adjustment thing, the problem is that I put the t/o bearing back in there wrong, the t/o bearing is under the spring not over it so I have to pull it all back out once I do that I am sure that I can adjust all of it with no problem.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:49 PM
bluepony4.6
3rd Gear Member

Yeah I've had issues with slow shipping from Dynamic Racing before. They suck in that department. Probably a one man shop.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:56 PM
johndeeregreen
1st Gear Member

yea I am not sure what it but I will never buy from there again over priced and took way to long to get here that and thier customer service sucks to anyway hope that it keeps yall happy and away from people like that this is something that we should start just to keep a watchfull eye out for each other if you have a place that you have had problems with a company let others know that way we can all get the best out of our money and our connections here. On top of gas being 3.80 a gallon come on we need all the help we can get they are trying to force us all into imports!
Old 05-22-2008, 12:42 AM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

I have had the opposite experience with their customer service--I bought a set of UDPs that were supposed to be non-piggyback, they were not and were also for the "long-nose" water pump. [/align][/align]They said ship 'em back and gave me a full refund including shipping both ways...[/align][/align]Shipping was a bit slow, allegedly from Pompano to Saint Augustine in 7 days; however I suspect they do not stock anything and have it drop shipped from a middleman warehouse...[/align][/align]Sort of off-topic, however UPR (in Lake Worth, by Palm Beach) is great to deal with--I have called in orders at 4:00 PM and had the parts by 5:00 PM the next day![/align][/align]Another great vendor is Central Florida Motorsports in Longwood. Their listed prices are a bit high, but talk to 'em and you can get 10% to 15% off if they can do it; and like UPR they actually stock 90%+ of the stuff they sell...[/align]