4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

PI casper is on his way!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

Default PI casper is on his way!

Yup, as most of you know i have been battling a small nut about a size 5mm. lol. ****ty.. very ****ty indeed. Well i tried, Dum Dum, magnet ( found out real soon it was aluminum), wheel bearing grease, mechanics wire, vaccum cleaner. EVERYTHING i could possibly think of to save me the trouble of removing the head.

Well, today i accepted the loss to the nut.

I have never gotten my *** kicked as much as my car has dished out. So after my last attempt today i put away the shop vac nice and easy and proceeded to yell out loud.... It was like in a movie when a dude finds out his old ladie dies.... NOOOOOOO!!!!! Soon after my dad came outside to ask what the hell was the matter with me.. I smiled and said. "Dad, you better hope that turd you call a Cobra can keep up with project "Casper"

He shook his head and went back inside. As i evily laughed out loud. then i felt like a idiot and came back to reality.

So anyways... Im putting PI heads, cams, and intake on my pony. I have everything for the PI intake swap. Now i need PI heads, cams and head gaskets and bolts. I'll think of the rest of it.... If anyone has any ideas of how i can spend more money just let me know, im sure you will anyways..

First buy PI heads and cams... While im at it i wanna get headers, but stick to my UPR off road X-pipe ( so some kinda shorty) Then get some head job done to the heads... Dont know what kinda cams yet... I might just stick to the PI cams.

Also i wanna know if anyone had PI on a non Pi car, with the raised compression... How should that effect my nitrous??

Well... im sure plenty of people will reply back.... Thanks and wish me luck!! Im gonna take pics and do a write up on a forum.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:21 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: PI casper is on his way!

ORIGINAL: Casper98GT

Yup, as most of you know i have been battling a small nut about a size 5mm. lol. ****ty.. very ****ty indeed.
must resist.......
Old 04-26-2005, 11:04 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

Damn you... I knew you couldnt post anything worth reading. lol.

Why didnt i pick up on that..... must have been in a serious mood when i posted... Hmmm.. NEVER!
Old 04-26-2005, 11:13 PM
98stngfrk
2nd Gear Member

Forged STROKER kit, then one day lots of boost.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:18 PM
PI Pumped 98
1st Gear Member

You are going to love that thing with the swap!! Id say get cams though, you probably wont wanna back in there after all this trouble. I wish i wulda went with the stage 2 comp cams but i couldnt pass up the deal.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:13 AM
sickspeedgt
3rd Gear Member

lol nanaki, sounds like you have the right idea to me, if you get done and still want to spend more money, i could use a PI HEADSWAP
Old 04-27-2005, 01:23 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

With the upped compression, you will have to look into retarding the timing alittle more or you should REALLY look into a dyno tune for the giggle gas.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:28 AM

If anyone has any ideas of how i can spend more money just let me know, im sure you will anyways..
I can send you my paypal address via PM.

Or... you could um... plop a few grand into a blower.

Old 04-27-2005, 02:03 AM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

The blower will come but i think that will be after the stroker motor. with forged internals. For now im gonna keep the motor and put PI on it and keep the nitrous. I already have a tune for my nitrous. i can get it dyno'd when ever i please. I was just there 2 weeks ago. lol. thats when i got my new numbers. But i wont urn the juice until i get it tuned again.

Stone... i think i might even stick to stock PI cams.... still not sure yet. But I LOVE that lopey exhaust sound from a 4.6.

im still not sure about everything. lol. I gotta find some heads first. I found a pair on ebay but i didnt like the look of them. I think alot of this will be waiting. I dont think the pony will be done until early-mid summer. I hate waiting
Old 04-27-2005, 02:06 AM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

Pi pumped ( stone) how much was the alum. block and forged? How much was the head job also?

Quick Reply: PI casper is on his way!