4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Got the GT Baseline Dyno'd

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 03:56 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Default Got the GT Baseline Dyno'd

What do you guys think of this?

First run is with the box VMP tune for the t56 with no adjustments, second tune is with tweaks Brad @ Dynotuning.com did for me.
BLUE line is actually the first baseline, the RED line is where I am at now after the tune was tweaked a bit.

The car has LMI's, SLP Catted X Pipe, JLT CAI, Box tune from Justin @ VMP for the t56 swap.(I also have an alum dshaft thrown in)

I am actually surprised with the outcome, was expecting it to be in the 220ish/260-270ish range. Brad @ dynotuning said he could get a bit more hp/tq out of the car if he redid the whole tune, he also recommended since I was on a budget, that if I'm happy with the tune that I should just leave it. Needless to say I'll be going back when I need my sc installed and tuned^^. Great guys.

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...t=MVI_0976.flv
http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...t=MVI_0977.flv

Old 06-04-2008, 01:03 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Got the GT Baseline Dyno'd

damn Justin had your **** lean!!!. I was hoping you now have the tune from the red line and not blue Nice #'s
Old 06-04-2008, 01:04 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Default RE: Got the GT Baseline Dyno'd

The tune makes the difference, with those mods and the OEM 87 octane tune you'd be just about where you had expected to be, maybe 225 to 230HP. [/align][/align]I had like numbers (246/276) with very similar mods and a "tweaked as much as you could" Granatelli Fuego tune, the Sniper Special Forces' added "tweakability" let me coax out 252/295 with 5 to 20 HP gained between 3300 and 4500 rpm.[/align]
Old 06-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Got the GT Baseline Dyno&\\;\\\\\\;rsquo\\\\\\;d

&lt\\;P&gt\\;&amp\\;nbsp\\;&lt\\;/P&gt\\;
&lt\\;P&gt\\;I would have asked them to completely retune the car and get as much power out of it as possible, but at the moment my funds are tied up in an IRS swap. Should be doing it this weekend&lt\\;/P&gt\\;
Old 06-04-2008, 03:48 PM
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Got the GT Baseline Dyno&\\;amp\\;rsquo\\;d

&amp\\;nbsp\\;Did you ask why your power dropped off at 5krpms? Mine did the same thing and I ended up leaving the tuners because he basically shoved me off. Did they change the spark to get the hp/tq to carry throughout the rpm range? What was it? This would help me out alot. Thanks bro
Old 06-04-2008, 04:21 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Default RE: Got the GT Baseline Dyno&\\;\\\\\\;amp\\\\\\;rsquo\\\\\\;d

&lt\\;DIV&gt\\;
ORIGINAL: RuffCat&lt\\;BR&gt\\;Did you ask why your power dropped off at 5krpms? Mine did the same thing and I ended up leaving the tuners because he basically shoved me off. Did they change the spark to get the hp/tq to carry throughout the rpm range? What was it? This would help me out alot. Thanks bro&lt\\;BR&gt\\;
&lt\\;/DIV&gt\\;
&lt\\;DIV&gt\\;&amp\\;nbsp\\;&lt\\;/DIV&gt\\;
&lt\\;DIV&gt\\;5k is where an aftermarket TB &amp\\;amp\\; plenum would start to kick in.&amp\\;nbsp\\; The OEM plenum is the primary culprit, even with a 75 mm TB it can only flow 410 cfm or so at WOT (390 with the stock 65 mm TB)&lt\\;A href=&quot\\;http://www.paladinmicro.com/PalMFram...re’s my reformatting of Accufab’s flow data&lt\\;/A&gt\\;...&lt\\;/DIV&gt\\;
&lt\\;DIV&gt\\;&amp\\;nbsp\\;&lt\\;/DIV&gt\\;
&lt\\;DIV&gt\\;So, at 5k+ the engine gets wheezy and can’t breath as well as it would like to.&amp\\;nbsp\\; Ford built this to get reasonably good fuel economy and give average Joes that think shifting at 4500 rpm is &quot\\;really pushing it&quot\\; a thrill.&amp\\;nbsp\\; I’m 60+ years old an my ’03 sees redline 5 or 6 times a day, and bounces off the rev-limiter in 1st at least once a weekmost GT buyers have never gone 100 MPH...&lt\\;/DIV&gt\\;
Old 06-04-2008, 04:21 PM
ackuric
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Got the GT Baseline Dyno&\\;amp\\\\\\;amp\\\\\\;rsquo\\\\\\;d

Heya Aereon, nice #’s. Did you swap from an auto to the t-56?
Old 06-04-2008, 04:23 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Default RE: Got the GT Baseline Dyno&\\;amp\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;amp\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;r squo\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;d

OK, so WTF is going on with the forum’s formatting of messages???
Old 06-04-2008, 04:47 PM
SilvrStang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Got the GT Baseline Dyno&\\;amp\\\\\\;amp\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\;amp\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;r squo\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;d

Nice numbers man . Dyno FTW&lt\\;img src=&quot\\;https://mustangforums.com/image/s2.gif&quot\\;&gt\\;
Old 06-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Got the GT Baseline Dyno&\\;amp\\\\\\;amp\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\;amp\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;r squo\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;d

(Ruffcat) My dyno dropped off suddenly on the first run due to how lean it was running. Brad didn't want to push the car since it started pinging a bit.

(Cliffyk) I'm actually pretty surprised with how fast the drop off kicks in. I always knew our 2v's were anemic but since I shift from time to time at 5500 I never really felt a loss of power from the butt dyno. Can't wait to find out what the cars gonna put down when I actually get into the power phase of my mod plans.

(Ackuric) Yea, the car was an auto to start out with (bought it because it was 3k cheaper than a manual with the same amount of miles) I hooked up with a guy in a cobra with 10k miles in it that wanted to get an auto into the car. So we swapped some parts and when it was all said and done, I had a rebuilt t56 , new clutch, flywheel, aluminum dshaft, and all the other minor things for less than what a new cobra t56 would have cost. If I could change one thing tho, it'd be the gearing. I'd love to have a viper spec t56 but for the price I got the cobra t56 at I'm really happy with the outcome.

(Silverstang) Thanks, I am actually very happy with the outcome. I didnt think my slow 2v would be that quick because I was expecting much less than that.