4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mustang Tuning - How's Thier Customer Service?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 06:47 PM
mochrome

Default Mustang Tuning - How's Thier Customer Service?

I ordered a few parts from Mustang Tuning over a week ago. I decided to buy from them since they are a sponsor of this site. All the items were billed to my credit card then I received an email saying the Mach 1 Chin Spoiler I ordered is backordered for several weeks. So I cancelled that item and bought one from the local Ford dealer. I did receive a credit for the cost of the spoiler, but I haven't received the other items or notification that they've shipped. I've sent a couple emails and called and left a voice message and haven't received any replies. Is that typical for this company?
Old 04-28-2005, 07:49 PM
josh_0351
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang Tuning - How's Thier Customer Service?

ORIGINAL: mochrome

I ordered a few parts from Mustang Tuning over a week ago. I decided to buy from them since they are a sponsor of this site. All the items were billed to my credit card then I received an email saying the Mach 1 Chin Spoiler I ordered is backordered for several weeks. So I cancelled that item and bought one from the local Ford dealer. I did receive a credit for the cost of the spoiler, but I haven't received the other items or notification that they've shipped. I've sent a couple emails and called and left a voice message and haven't received any replies. Is that typical for this company?

I got the same email as you from (Chris Chamblee) for the same part. They sent me two emails notifying me of the delay and asking what I wanted to do. In my book, that’s pretty darn good customer service (being proactive like that). It’s not that big of a deal to me if it’s a couple of weeks late, so I told em to keep the order in and ship my chin spoiler as soon as they receive their stock. They also sent me a customer survey, which I will not complete until I receive my spoiler.

How much did you pay at the dealer, anyhow? Personally, I thought $59 shipped was a pretty good deal…
Old 04-28-2005, 08:05 PM
DILO2001GT
I ♥ Acer

i order almost all my stuff through them. they usually take 2-5 days to get here depending on what you ordered. go there site and become a forum member. they ppl that work there are on there posting all the time like regulars and they are very nive and easy to communicate. i forget there names that they have created on there but you'l know its them by reading a few posts. actually i think there names have to do something with mustangtuning in them.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:07 PM
devinsteen
4th Gear Member

I've had good experiences with mustangtuning.com. I also had back ordered parts that I just canceled and they refunded my card with no problems. Their shipping takes a while out here in Cali though.[]
Old 04-28-2005, 09:13 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

I guess im the only person who had a bad expierence. With my exhaust... they never shipped it. I personally think they have ****ty customer relations. I have called about my foglights that were supposed to be in for Late March... i have left voice mails, and email. I have nothing back yet. And they billed me for them and i still dont have them. I however get 1 day shipping. Kinda nice. I'll still go to them for parts though. Although they dont have many parts. I like the GREAT low prices and 1 day shipping.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:46 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

I ordered March UDP's from them, they billed me and never got notification for the backorder. I called them asking how long their Mach 1 wheels were out of stock and I mentioned I ordered stuff earlier that day and asked about the status, that was when I was notified about the backorder. Customer service was pretty good, a little difficult to get a hold of though. Shipping was very quick for both gears and install kit, packaged well too. Prices are some of the lowest around too.

IMO, I'd call ahead of time and make sure what you want isn't backordered. I've learned my lesson.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:28 AM
mochrome

ORIGINAL: josh_0351

How much did you pay at the dealer, anyhow? Personally, I thought $59 shipped was a pretty good deal…

The OEM Mach 1 Chin spoiler lists for around $86, but with my car club discount I purchased it for $64.49 (including tax) from the local Ford dealer. Plus it wasn't coiled up to reduce shipping costs like the aftermarket version that MT sells. I'm happy

Thanks everyone else for the mostly postive posts about Mustang Tuning. Hopefully the other items I ordered will arrive soon.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:19 AM
josh_0351
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mochrome

ORIGINAL: josh_0351

The OEM Mach 1 Chin spoiler lists for around $86, but with my car club discount I purchased it for $64.49 (including tax) from the local Ford dealer. Plus it wasn't coiled up to reduce shipping costs like the aftermarket version that MT sells. I'm happy

Thanks everyone else for the mostly postive posts about Mustang Tuning. Hopefully the other items I ordered will arrive soon.
Yea, my GD SLP Catted X is on back-order for 2 - 3 weeks from LMPerformance (ordered it 2 weeks ago today and still no conf on order of charge to my card). So I guess Mustang Tuning isn't the only vendor with slow service.

Thanks for the 411 on the dealer chin spoiler & good luck!
Old 04-29-2005, 03:50 PM
screwedup4.6

i bought some 10.5 bullit rims from them, they were back ordered, but only took 3 more days to get, i think they r pretty good