4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

suspension

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 01:04 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Default RE: suspension

Nope no problems. I have 175lbs 14in springs. I have coilovers which is quite a bit stronger then regular coil springs. Plus for street driving I keep my shocks and struts pretty stiff. When I go to the track I do raise the car 1 in.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:28 PM
GodAmGT00
5th Gear Member

Gotcha.. I do like the lack of gap in the fender well though, it looks sweet..

JT
Old 06-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: oxfordgt

Nope no problems. I have 175lbs 14in springs. I have coilovers which is quite a bit stronger then regular coil springs. Plus for street driving I keep my shocks and struts pretty stiff. When I go to the track I do raise the car 1 in.
Thats a pretty light spring, I'm running 325's in front and 525's in the rear with the mm hd bilstein coilovers. If you step up to a stiffer spring your gonnanotice a big difference in the feel of the car.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:54 PM
dh04 red gt
2nd Gear Member

well guys thanks for all the input. I decided to go with the ebaich pro springs and the tokia illumina adjustable shocks. first then go from there. I don't mind spending a little more for the best. just want to do it once and not look back and wish I went with something else. thats why I want the adjustable shocks. I can set it to the way i want and what i'm doing wether on the street or auto crossing or on the strip.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Jbauer
4th Gear Member

I don't know how happy you'll be with the pro springs on a new edge.
People on the internet like ProKits, but everyone i've met in person wants to sell them and buy sportlines.
Your going to have 3 fingers gap in the front and about 4 in the rear with pro kits, and settling is a joke.

The tokicos, i've heard are great. I'm saving up for a pair
Old 06-21-2008, 05:33 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aereon

Thats a pretty light spring, I'm running 325's in front and 525's in the rear with the mm hd bilstein coilovers. If you step up to a stiffer spring your gonnanotice a big difference in the feel of the car.
Hell no that **** would destroy my performance. You must have progressive springs to have ratings that high[:'(]. Mine are linear springs. I don't road race and I dont care about ride quality (not that it feels much different then stock). My rear springs are 150lbs and front are 175lbs. I can launch at 5000rpms with no spin and take corners like a mad man.

You will hate the prokit. Sportlines or nothing. My buddy bought prokit springs and had them in for a day before he ordered sportlines. They barely lower the car and just make the ride harsh.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Novanutcase
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Novanutcase

Suspension is such a waste of money.
Take your car out on a road course. You'll never look back!

John
I don't do road courses. If you can turn while racing, your not going fast enough.
LOL! You're not a real racer unless you CAN turn! HIT THAT APEX BABY!!!!!

John
Old 06-21-2008, 05:56 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Straight away or nothing. Not that I couldnt run a course in my car but I just dont like lifting my foot and hitting brakes when racing.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Novanutcase
3rd Gear Member

Straight away or nothing. Not that I couldnt run a course in my car but I just dont like lifting my foot and hitting brakes when racing.
Yeah but "heel-toeing" is half the fun!

John
Old 06-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Novanutcase

Yeah but "heel-toeing" is half the fun!

John
x2,

The OP, I'd never recommend the eibach springs as they are much liklier to sag than H&R springs. If your looking for a middle of the road setup, this is one of the rare times I'd recommend a steeda spring. If not the H&R SS's are much nicers springs for your money.

Quick Reply: suspension