4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Sniper Locked Up?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 08:13 PM
vanquish
4th Gear Member

Default Sniper Locked Up?

I just bought the sniper special forces from someone who said it was new. When I went to read the stock pcm from my car it gave the error 51 which is "out of bullets." Is this unit definately locked up and useless?
Old 06-27-2008, 10:39 PM
chriswells78
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Sniper Locked Up?

Did you install the software in your computer, plug the multiloader into your computer, wait 10 seconds, then open the multiloader utility? What does the multiloader utility say in the lower right hand corner?
Old 06-28-2008, 10:14 AM
vanquish
4th Gear Member

It says used vins: 2 available vins: 0. I talked to the guy I bought it from he said he sold it for his brother but now he says he is buying me two bullets.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:16 AM
chriswells78
1st Gear Member

Good. Make sure he does or get your money back. Last time I checked, bullets were 150-200 each depending on who you get them from.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:02 PM
vanquish
4th Gear Member

Okay. Thanks a lot for your help. The guy had it on ebay I just bought it early from him before the auction ended. He has perfect feedback and sells a lot so I figured it was safe. He says he already emailed sniper and is buying 2 bullets.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:29 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Are you certain is say "vins: 2 available" and "vins: 0" ?[/align][/align]If so then it sounds like you loaded the Sniper Bullit Utility and not the Sniper MultiLoader Utility.[/align][/align]The current version of MultiLoader shows this in the lower right:[/align][/align][/align][/align]If there are 2 "Available vins" shown in the Bullit Utility then you shouldn't be out of bullets, but what does MultiLoader tell you?[/align][/align]What firmware version is displayed?[/align][/align]What is the file modified date for the following files:[/align][/align]Sniper Bullit Utility.exe[/align]Sniper MultiLoader Utilty.exe[/align]Special Forces.exe[/align][/align]In the last, and I do not mean to upset you, however it strikes me as very odd that the vendor seems so willing to spend $400 buying you 2 bullets (last I knew they were $220 MSRP) to correct an issue with a used SF package, when an entire new package can be purchased for $380?[/align][/align]This guy is either the very best eBay vendor I have ever run across (or maybe he doesn't know what Sniper bullets cost), or there is something rotten in Denmark. My gut tells me to go with the latter. [/align][/align]I hope you paid by credit card (never buy anything on eBay without using a credit card, even if paying through PayPal; using a CC provides you with a whole slug of consumer protection from the Feds), keep you wits about youand don't let it drag on for more than 1-1/2 to 2 weeks tops.[/align][/align]
Old 06-29-2008, 08:48 PM
chriswells78
1st Gear Member

Something tells me he doesn't have version 15.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:19 PM
vanquish
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cliffyk

Are you certain is say "vins: 2 available" and "vins: 0" ?[/align][/align]If so then it sounds like you loaded the Sniper Bullit Utility and not the Sniper MultiLoader Utility.[/align][/align]The current version of MultiLoader shows this in the lower right:[/align][/align][/align][/align]If there are 2 "Available vins" shown in the Bullit Utility then you shouldn't be out of bullets, but what does MultiLoader tell you?[/align][/align]What firmware version is displayed?[/align][/align]What is the file modified date for the following files:[/align][/align]Sniper Bullit Utility.exe[/align]Sniper MultiLoader Utilty.exe[/align]Special Forces.exe[/align][/align]In the last, and I do not mean to upset you, however it strikes me as very odd that the vendor seems so willing to spend $400 buying you 2 bullets (last I knew they were $220 MSRP) to correct an issue with a used SF package, when an entire new package can be purchased for $380?[/align][/align]This guy is either the very best eBay vendor I have ever run across (or maybe he doesn't know what Sniper bullets cost), or there is something rotten in Denmark. My gut tells me to go with the latter. [/align][/align]I hope you paid by credit card (never buy anything on eBay without using a credit card, even if paying through PayPal; using a CC provides you with a whole slug of consumer protection from the Feds), keep you wits about youand don't let it drag on for more than 1-1/2 to 2 weeks tops.[/align][/align]

I have a bullit utility shortcut and a multiloader shortcut on my desktop. When I click on the multiloader shortcut, I see that portion of the green snapshot you posted. It says Available bullets: 0 and Used Bullets: 2. Mine does not say anything about a filmware revision at all like yours. It is just blank there and says www.snipertuning.com under that blank spot. I am really confused now. I paid by paypal maybe I'll make a dispute.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:44 PM
chriswells78
1st Gear Member

I think you have to wait 30 days to file a paypal dispute. I'd at least give the seller the courtesy of trying to make it right for you. If he sold it for his brother, he may be an alright guy and his brother is a douchebag. He may make it right on his own dime and take it out of his brother's a$$ later. That is what I would do.