4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

*Update* O2 Sensor & Check Engine Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 01:22 PM
bb816331
I ♥ Acer

Default *Update* O2 Sensor & Check Engine Help

First of all, I'm having to start a new thread b/c of some forum issues not allowing to post comments on my other thread.

Ok, so those of you who have been helping me with the whole O2 sensor and check engine light issue:

Ford house calls back today...Remember when I said they were telling me it's running lean on one side, as well as an O2, Bank 1 downstream issue? Then remember how they were telling me it was my K&N FIPK?

Well the focktards call back today and now they are saying "It's the UPSTREAM sensor on bank 1." WTF???? Aren't these guys trained to work on FORD specific vehicles? That's why I took the sumbitch up there, because I felt if all else, FORD could tell me whats up. Now, they still haven't determined whats wrong with it. I know you guys asked me to post what code its throwing. I asked the guy over there to give it to me so I can "relay" the info back to my dealership. He said he has to go ask the tech, then he'll let me know. So I'll have that up for you guys here today.

Seriously, I'm no Ford mechanic and I could tell you that a downstream sensor doesn't sense lean! I think my 9 year old nephew would know that too!!! It makes more sense now that I know it's the front sensor. But this kind of screws me b/c I had my friends swap the front two sensors when this all started, and it still threw the code on the same side.

Well, I guess it's all waiting from here. To think, they were ready to charge me a diagnostic fee and throw me out the door by telling me it was my K&N...GEEEZE!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:29 PM
jrherald420
5th Gear Member

Default RE: *Update* O2 Sensor & Check Engine Help

what makes me sick is think how many people would have just listened to them and payed them for something that they"fixed". but you cant blame the dealer you would have to blame the mechanic. a mechanic is only as good as they want to be.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:34 PM
jmsjags
2nd Gear Member

u should've just taken it up to Advance or Autozone and gotten the code from there. then i could've told u exactly what's wrong with it
Old 07-09-2008, 01:38 PM
bb816331
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: jmsjags

u should've just taken it up to Advance or Autozone and gotten the code from there. then i could've told u exactly what's wrong with it
I did the first time, but all he said was o2 sensor bank 1. So i took it to some friends, they said they tried swapping the O2's on each side, and it didn't do anything. I know I should've got the code to begin with. Either way my dealership is paying for the diagnostic.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:57 PM
jmsjags
2nd Gear Member

just a little advice for next time - when u take ur car to one of those places to have it scanned, they're supposed to print out a sheet for you that tells u the code and which part of the car is messing up. so next time ask them to print u off the info rather than just telling u when they have no clue what they're talking about lol.

but o well it looks like u got it all figured out now. just make sure the dealership doesn't charge you for any of their ****-ups
Old 07-09-2008, 02:32 PM
bb816331
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: jmsjags

just a little advice for next time - when u take ur car to one of those places to have it scanned, they're supposed to print out a sheet for you that tells u the code and which part of the car is messing up. so next time ask them to print u off the info rather than just telling u when they have no clue what they're talking about lol.

but o well it looks like u got it all figured out now. just make sure the dealership doesn't charge you for any of their ****-ups
Well...I still don't know wtf is up with the car. But I'm still awaiting a call back with the code...
Old 07-09-2008, 04:53 PM
bb816331
I ♥ Acer

Ok, after waiting all day for the focktards at ford to call me back, I end up calling them. Seems they "forgot" to ask...

Anyway, here's the code:

P2195

Maybe we can figure this out before the tard sacks at ford can!

I also found this on another forum:

Old 07-09-2008, 05:10 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

How many threads are you gonna start on the same topic.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:19 PM
bb816331
I ♥ Acer

First of all, I'm having to start a new thread b/c of some forum issues not allowing to post comments on my other thread.
I'm sorry, I cannot control this. Also, please only reply if you can help me in this situation. If not, I'd prefer you keep your flaming to yourself. Thanks.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:28 PM
bb816331
I ♥ Acer

KIND OF GOOD NEWS, GUYS!!!!

Today as I'm at work, I see an add for a 2003 Mustang GT at a local dealership here in Amarillo. The dealership is prone to listing these vehicles, then not having them b/c they sold them. I decided to stop by once I get off. Sure enough, it was there!!! It's black, 5sp, a $1000 less than my car, and has 15k less miles!!! EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED!!!! So i'm calling the dealer from my current car tomorrow to tell him to take this lemon car and shove it up his ***!!! Then I will go by this one!!!! Everyone wish me luck that everything goes ok! So far he told me if I want to take it back I can!!! The one i'm looking at looks waaaaaaaaay better than the one I got. Plus its been lowered!!!!! More info tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!