4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

L.T Dyno Numbers:

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 02:18 PM
96GTMustangCT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: L.T Dyno Numbers:

yah like eagle said its tough to gauge exactly where you will be but you have already seen a little gain with your new x. Changing up those manifolds will be key though. Goodluck with your choice and im sure it will sound sick no matter what setup you go with. take care
Old 07-10-2008, 02:23 PM
1vryfststang
2nd Gear Member

This is what I am considering. Take a look at these links: Is this all I need to make it work? Thanks..

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...t=BIG-12115FLT

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...=BIG-12115YFLT

The x-pipe looks alot different than what I am running now....I know they are not ceramic coated but I really dont care...simply because on the 4.6l you cant even see them anyways. I am just looking for preformance. Wether it is Flowtech, BBK, or any other brand I figure they will all have the same numbers. Thanks
Old 07-10-2008, 02:29 PM
enrobriaffej
3rd Gear Member

yea dont be expecting a large gain! around 10hp at the wheels maybe a little less. but you should feel a difference
Old 07-10-2008, 02:43 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

There is much more to performance improvement than peak HP. Headers will typically add a quite a bit of low and mid mid-range power which is where the OEM manifolds do nothing in terms of scavenging and probably hurt optimal performance.

They make the engine a lot "happier" under low in the mid-range.

I would install LT's except that my car is a DD, driven 35k to 45k a year. Aside from the clearance issues keep in mind that at least one (maybe both) will have to come off to do anything with the tranny or clutch. This will add a bunch of hassle if you do your own work (I do) and a bunch of $$ if you have to pay someone to do it for you.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:47 PM
96GTMustangCT
2nd Gear Member

looks great man the only thing i would take into account is the construction material of the midpipe itself. Its aluminized and it won't last as long. The pypes product i have is all stainless as are many products from various companies. If you are spending the time on install and the money on the product you might as well go stainless as it will last longer ya know.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:50 PM
96GTMustangCT
2nd Gear Member

id atleast check out the pypes website and see what they have to offer for both a midpipe and long tube headers. both are constructed of SS and I love the x pipe on my car. I imagine the headers would be just as good. just my 2 cents
Old 07-10-2008, 02:55 PM
1vryfststang
2nd Gear Member

Thank all you guys...for your time. I really enjoy and appreciate each ones help. I def cant wait for the low and mid power because that is somewhat where I am lacking now. I am hoping the U.D Pulleys bring that out as well. I know people think I am silly but I am buying a set of U.D pulleys....I am just waiting till I can order everything and install it all at the same time so I can actually tell a difference in performance. I plan to order the trickflow U.D Pulleys, the flowtech headers, and the bbk clutch kit...lol
Old 07-10-2008, 03:01 PM
1vryfststang
2nd Gear Member

96GTMustangCT, Bro I love the pypes....dont get me wrong alll the S.S looks amazing.. but I am in college and funds are so limited. All I like is one more year then I can actually get what I want. Now I have to settle and choose between looks and performance haha. My basic goal is to just get the car to the point were I feel comfortable racing an lt1 back home. I know nothing about those cars really other than a ******** guy that I come into contact with wants to run me. I just want to make 100% sure that I have enough...because when I run him I am not looking for it to be a close race...keep in mind I hate to loose and I really hate racing stock or close to stock cars...I went from a 1986 Grand National to the Stang...and I love the Stang I just wish I had more work done to it.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:24 PM
96GTMustangCT
2nd Gear Member

hey man i hear ya. I am going to be a junior in college up here in CT and i just bought my stang a year ago. Fund are always a prob and they were and still are for me. If you want my honest opinion, i would scrap the ud pulleys and just save up for a upper plenum and intake from pro products i think or accufab. on or the other. with that aluminum midpipe, it still wont be too bad, but i only paid 150 for my stainless midpipe, and its longer than the one you are looking at. just take another look around and see what pypes has to offer, if you need to wait a bit for the SS pipe id do it espec if you take your stang out in the rain. goodluck bro
Old 07-10-2008, 03:28 PM
96GTMustangCT
2nd Gear Member

you will see more power out of a upper plenum and tb as well, check into gears too man. tell that guy to f uck off who cares about some stupid race, take your time and dont get to impulsive. i wanted to do a tune, heads, all that ****, but the more i thought about it, id rather keep my car stock or atleast leave it with what it has and enjoy it. then a few years from now when im done with school get a legit 331 stroker or a 03 cobra motor and swap it all out ya know. have the stuff you are spending your money on is just temp. and for what to race some p ussy in a LT1. let him waste his gas racing you, its not worth it

Quick Reply: L.T Dyno Numbers: