4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Gas Pedal is all jacked up

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 10:03 AM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Default Gas Pedal is all jacked up

I haven't really had a chance to crawl down there and check it out because it was too dark last night. But I finally got my throttle cable hooked back up last night but something is wrong. All it takes is the weight of your foot to completely compress the pedal. The pedal also rests half way through the travel.

I'm positive everything is hooked up correctly from the firewall out, and I know the throttle cable is hooked to the pedal, but it feels like there should be a return spring on the pedal or something.

I can't imagine I would have taken a spring off of the pedal but that would have been 2 years ago so who knows.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:51 AM
MustangMan00
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Gas Pedal is all jacked up

only spring i know is right behind the plenum on the throttle body, thats still attached right?

[IMG]local://upfiles/33307/CFAA53238E704C79B3063E580E7F928F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-17-2008, 10:52 AM
MoKo_04GT
4th Gear Member

i was going to say the same...

i dont think my pedal has a spring on it...the only spring i know of is on the throttle body.

now would be a great time to do the gas pedal mod....aka take/get all of that slack out of the throttle cable so the pedal sits up higher and is tighter...etc.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:56 AM
cassimus
3rd Gear Member

i just had to change my pedal assembly in my car because of a broke plastic POS pedal and there is no spring at all just a rotating arm assembly
Old 07-17-2008, 10:57 AM
NinetySix GT
2nd Gear Member

i dont think my pedal has a spring on it...the only spring i know of is on the throttle body.

now would be a great time to do the gas pedal mod....aka take/get all of that slack out of the throttle cable so the pedal sits up higher and is tighter...etc.
I hear you say this all the time, so I am going to assume this is a helpful mod? I think I will put that on the to-do list today.[8D]

Oh and the only reason I could think of it being loose was the throttle cable on the plenum also.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:02 AM
cassimus
3rd Gear Member

where are the threads on this mod i would like to have a more responsive pedal but i dont hardly any slack in mine
Old 07-17-2008, 11:03 AM
xterm11
1st Gear Member

I did the gas pedal mod yesterday and it makes a big difference in throttle control. pushing the pedal 3/4 of the way down now is bascally what WOT was before. Much better pedal feel.

I agree with the rest to you about the cable at the throttlebody. Took a while to post this cause i had to register first =P
Old 07-17-2008, 11:09 AM
MoKo_04GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NinetySix GT

I hear you say this all the time, so I am going to assume this is a helpful mod? I think I will put that on the to-do list today.[8D]

Oh and the only reason I could think of it being loose was the throttle cable on the plenum also.
do it...you wont regret it.

i think its one of the best mods ive done....even out of all of the mods i spent money money on. makes a huge difference.....much, much better, and should have came stock like this. just make sure to get most/all of the slack out of the cable...otherwise it wont work to its full potential.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:10 AM
MoKo_04GT
4th Gear Member

hang on...i will find the how to for you guys and post the link
Old 07-17-2008, 11:12 AM
MoKo_04GT
4th Gear Member

enjoy!!

https://mustangforums.com/m_1297650/tm.htm

Quick Reply: Gas Pedal is all jacked up