4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

my mustang exploded!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 11:10 AM
jmf04gt
1st Gear Member

Default RE: my mustang exploded!

ORIGINAL: enrobriaffej

go easy on him damn guys. you have all been there, if your straight anyway.
LOL maybe since he couldn't impress them with a cool burnout maybe they'll be impressed if he fixes the problem without having to take the stang to a mechanic!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:15 AM
MoKo_04GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fluiddrive1949

Hello all im new to the forum I have a 2002 mustang gt with a few mods....and i a big problem!! I was showing off to some girls 2day doing a break stand when I heard a loud explosion! the car shook died started smoking and stunk like clutch. I tryed to start it, and it started but shook violently and would not go into any gear so i shut it off and called AAA lucky for me the girls were cool and helped me push it out of the street. when i moved the car I noticed a pile of pieces of the bellhosing under it. on closer inspection I realised the entire bellhousing is ripped to shreads. the car will not go into any gear while running but will shift fine while off. my question is what would have caused this? the clutch was out while doing the burnout so why would it smell like burnt clutch? do you think the clutch came apart? has anyone had this happen? any help would be great ill pull it apart 2morow and see what i can find just thought id try here first thanks.

wow....how embarassing. how many miles were on your GT? just curious...

Old 07-21-2008, 11:24 AM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

Be nice guys, he will probably end up married to one of those girls! It would be a great "How i met your Mom story!

Old 07-21-2008, 11:25 AM
livefast1
5th Gear Member

your very fortune that you didnt get seriously hurt, not gonna bust your ***** though cuz theres nothing wrong with showin off for chicks. most of us have done it before lol. but your lucky you didnt loose a foot or a leg, thats the reason the make blow proof bellhousings.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Jbauer
4th Gear Member

Ohh plaeEEz, we've all (Or most of us) havedone a quick doughnut or a smokey burn out with a little sideways action at the end to impress a hot chick.
But damn dude, you got PWnT. this is a pretty rare situation, usually the diffrential takes a dump first.
I think it's new tranny time
Old 07-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Evenexchange
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fluiddrive1949

Hello all im new to the forum I have a 2002 mustang gt with a few mods....and i a big problem!! I was showing off to some girls 2day doing a break stand when I heard a loud explosion! the car shook died started smoking and stunk like clutch. I tryed to start it, and it started but shook violently and would not go into any gear so i shut it off and called AAA lucky for me the girls were cool and helped me push it out of the street. when i moved the car I noticed a pile of pieces of the bellhosing under it. on closer inspection I realised the entire bellhousing is ripped to shreads. the car will not go into any gear while running but will shift fine while off. my question is what would have caused this? the clutch was out while doing the burnout so why would it smell like burnt clutch? do you think the clutch came apart? has anyone had this happen? any help would be great ill pull it apart 2morow and see what i can find just thought id try here first thanks.
what the heck? How does something like that happen? Can someone explain how this happens so I can avoid it at all costs? Is it like.. putting too much burnout on a stock clutch and flywheel or something?
Old 07-21-2008, 11:47 AM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

You can't avoid it unless you don't beat her. What is the point if you don't have fun you just have bad luck. Rebuild her for the better and try again I recommend a newclutch and tranny. Let us know the outcome.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:56 AM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

lol very nice dude...well better luck next time haha. Hope your probelm isn't bigger then you think.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:14 PM
alexplantman
2nd Gear Member

[:@]I have no clue on the fix for your car, but did you atleast get a #??
Old 07-21-2008, 12:38 PM
jwarner0297
4th Gear Member

did they laugh when it all broke and blew up? Tell me you laughed afterwards too

Quick Reply: my mustang exploded!