4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

someone educate me on stroker kits.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 08:43 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Default RE: someone educate me on stroker kits.

ORIGINAL: sxynerd

Strokers are a waist, Consider yourself educated.

/thread
+1, but actually they are a waste LOL
Old 07-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Oh yeah! I'm sorry I'm A Med Student not a english major, lol. Don't ever come to Michigan for a GI track infection.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:53 PM
jsmarsh25
3rd Gear Member

i stroked mine, and i can tell you all that it is a waste.....
Old 07-26-2008, 01:14 AM
yellow034.6

why is thatbecause if your stroking a 4.6 your doing it for all out power dont be a cheap a** and use a cast crank.not trying to start a big fight or anything but how is having more cubic inches a waste you must not really know how to build a true high performance engine.you cant just buy the parts off the shelf and throw it together like so many do.....great example patriot heads=junk but thats what everyone uses and thinks they flow great but really they dont we had a set come in last week direct from patriot (because he was a cheap a** and believes what all the internet trolls say)that the cc's were all over the place.can you make good power like that NO.if your stroking a motor your going for all out power or your wasting your money so do it the right wayand go all out with everythingdefinitlythe heads (example)pro weld racing heads (stage 6) 2 mm larger valves matched cc's resurfaced all new guids cnc ported each set flow bench tested,everything that would be done at a real perfomance shop.my point is you cant just put in a stroker kit and expect it to run like a raped ape.you really have to know how a engine works.i guess alot of people dont.my bosses 2v put down 491hp 523tq na it took him 2 1/2 months but he did EVERYTHING possible to get the max hp.was it worth it for a lil more than a f/i set up and to see the look on f/i guys faces when they find out they got beat by an n/a 2v hell ya it is.just wait till the two stage nitrouse is done.....OOOO BOY
Old 07-26-2008, 01:21 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: yellow034.6

why is thatbecause if your stroking a 4.6 your doing it for all out power dont be a cheap a** and use a cast crank.not trying to start a big fight or anything but how is having more cubic inches a waste you must not really know how to build a true high performance engine.you cant just buy the parts off the shelf and throw it together like so many do.....great example patriot heads=junk but thats what everyone uses and thinks they flow great but really they dont we had a set come in last week direct from patriot (because he was a cheap a** and believes what all the internet trolls say)that the cc's were all over the place.can you make good power like that NO.if your stroking a motor your going for all out power or your wasting your money so do it the right wayand go all out with everythingdefinitlythe heads (example)pro weld racing heads (stage 6) 2 mm larger valves matched cc's resurfaced all new guids cnc ported each set flow bench tested,everything that would be done at a real perfomance shop.my point is you cant just put in a stroker kit and expect it to run like a raped ape.you really have to know how a engine works.i guess alot of people dont.my bosses 2v put down 491hp 523tq na it took him 2 1/2 months but he did EVERYTHING possible to get the max hp.was it worth it for a lil more than a f/i set up and to see the look on f/i guys faces when they find out they got beat by an n/a 2v hell ya it is.just wait till the two stage nitrouse is done.....OOOO BOY
Sorry man, but I gotta call BS on this. There is no way in hell ANYONE built or had a 4.6 2V built that produced 491rwhp. It's not gonna happen. Now, back to the topic....when it comes to the 4.6 2V, it's not the stroke that's the problem, it's the bore. On a 4.6 2V, a stroker kit will not giva ya any noticeable gains over a non-stroked 4.6 2V.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:45 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

I'm gonna agree with 1slo85 and throw the big ol BS flag. No matter what you do to the stock castings they will not flow enough to produce that kind of power.

The reason stroking provides very little gains is because 1. You thow the bore to stroke ratio way off, the 4.6 already has alot of stroke and adding to it doesnt help. 2. The valves are shrouded by the small bore of a 4.6 so increasing the stroke doesnt matter because more air has a hard time getting into the cylinder. 3. The heads are poorly designed and even fully race ported can not flow enough to make good power out of a 4.6L.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:49 AM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

Our cars have a horrible bore to stroke ratio to begin with and stroking it further does not help at all.

As for the 491 hp that is 100% BS, you would probablly be hard pressed to beak 400 hp on an engine dyno with a maxed out 2v. You may have ment 391 hp? Ive seen some 4v's turn out about 500 n/a.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:39 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

why is thatbecause if your stroking a 4.6 your doing it for all out power dont be a cheap a** and use a cast crank.not trying to start a big fight or anything but how is having more cubic inches a waste you must not really know how to build a true high performance engine.you cant just buy the parts off the shelf and throw it together like so many do.....great example patriot heads=junk but thats what everyone uses and thinks they flow great but really they dont we had a set come in last week direct from patriot (because he was a cheap a** and believes what all the internet trolls say)that the cc's were all over the place.can you make good power like that NO.if your stroking a motor your going for all out power or your wasting your money so do it the right way and go all out with everything definitly the heads (example)pro weld racing heads (stage 6) 2 mm larger valves matched cc's resurfaced all new guids cnc ported each set flow bench tested,everything that would be done at a real perfomance shop.my point is you cant just put in a stroker kit and expect it to run like a raped ape.you really have to know how a engine works.i guess alot of people dont.my bosses 2v put down 491hp 523tq na it took him 2 1/2 months but he did EVERYTHING possible to get the max hp.was it worth it for a lil more than a f/i set up and to see the look on f/i guys faces when they find out they got beat by an n/a 2v hell ya it is.just wait till the two stage nitrouse is done.....OOOO BOY

OOOO BOY... gotta watch out for that nitrouse... i heard that is like 10x more powerful than nitrous....
Old 07-26-2008, 06:24 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: H0SS302

why is thatbecause if your stroking a 4.6 your doing it for all out power dont be a cheap a** and use a cast crank.not trying to start a big fight or anything but how is having more cubic inches a waste you must not really know how to build a true high performance engine.you cant just buy the parts off the shelf and throw it together like so many do.....great example patriot heads=junk but thats what everyone uses and thinks they flow great but really they dont we had a set come in last week direct from patriot (because he was a cheap a** and believes what all the internet trolls say)that the cc's were all over the place.can you make good power like that NO.if your stroking a motor your going for all out power or your wasting your money so do it the right way and go all out with everything definitly the heads (example)pro weld racing heads (stage 6) 2 mm larger valves matched cc's resurfaced all new guids cnc ported each set flow bench tested,everything that would be done at a real perfomance shop.my point is you cant just put in a stroker kit and expect it to run like a raped ape.you really have to know how a engine works.i guess alot of people dont.my bosses 2v put down 491hp 523tq na it took him 2 1/2 months but he did EVERYTHING possible to get the max hp.was it worth it for a lil more than a f/i set up and to see the look on f/i guys faces when they find out they got beat by an n/a 2v hell ya it is.just wait till the two stage nitrouse is done.....OOOO BOY

OOOO BOY... gotta watch out for that nitrouse... i heard that is like 10x more powerful than nitrous....
Isn't that a crayon color by Crayola? Shartreuse... Nitrouse?
Old 07-26-2008, 06:24 AM
jwarnick
1st Gear Member

LOL !!! Well gentlemen I have a 2v stroker and it turns 871rwhp. Heres the deal, It very expense to make the 2v a monster.
If I personaly had it to do all over I would start out with a 4v. The trick to the 2v is getting air to the beast. You wont do it with out
some totaly wild heads,cams,a good supercharger and a little nitrous aways helps.
But back to the question at hand theres noway I personaly would stroke a engine and go back without a forged crank. You might get by with it for a while, but its going to be a time bomb. Eagle makes a really good crank and H beam rods that are awsome. Like I stated I have pushed mine to 871 hp and 771 torq at the wheel with a 125 shot. Something worth thinking about.
Good luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fP_Z3hZBO0

Quick Reply: someone educate me on stroker kits.