4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Bullitt, Steeda etc.???

Old 05-09-2005, 06:14 AM
02stanger

Default Bullitt, Steeda etc.???

I've had my 02 GT for about 2 months now and try to follow the forum when I have time. Is there a website somewhere that will explain the different packages that were available when the car was new (bullitt, steeda etc.) and what body mods, interior mods etc. came with each? I've tried to pick up bits and pieces here and there but have yet to get a grasp on what they are. For example, how would I tell if my stang has the bullitt package? I saw what someone was calling bullitt rims and they look exactly like mine, but everything else on mine appears to be stock GT.

Also, it is considered a mortal sin to modify a stock GT with bullitt or steeda parts? I believe I've seen stock stangs that people have turned into "fakeleens" which in my opinion seems a little crazy. Kinda like modifying a chevette and calling it a corvette. Or putting cobra interior parts or rims onto a stock GT. Either you have a cobra or you don't. I would think that those who DO own a cobra would take offense. Maybe I'm wrong. JMHO. Again, noobie here. Flame kindly if you must. Really just interested in where I can find out about the different packages.

Second question - When I start the car there is a little green picture of what looks to be a turbocharger that lights up on the dash and then goes out. What the hell is this? I don't have an owners manual and as far as I know this thing does not have a turbocharger on it. What is that idiot light supposed to be telling this idiot?
Old 05-09-2005, 10:49 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Default RE: Bullitt, Steeda etc.???

It should be your traction control.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:50 AM
jchittick
3rd Gear Member

Don't know about a specific website that details all mustangs, but i'm sure if you type in the year and model of the mustang you are looking for in Google, you'll be able to find what you are looking for. Before I bought mine, I "googled" evry year from 99 and up to see the differences and was able to find many, many websites. Also, the little green light might be your traction control light. I'll check next time I start my engine, but it comes up frequently when I'm driving in the rain, like this morning.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:58 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

maybe you have a turbo on your stang... but it's most likely traction control. It's just telling you that it's ok, as long as it goes outpretty soon after you start the car. The light will also turn on if you activate it while driving (i.e. accelrate hard while turning)

If you have the bullit rims (grey rims with the five round spokes), and leather seats you probably have the premium package, which is basically the loaded version of the GT. I think the only versions Ford made for the 99-04 stangs were the mach 1, bullit and cobra. Saleens are an aftermarket car, not made by ford.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

The best thing you can do is what you're doing now... asking questions. The green light is definitly your traction control. It's supposed to look like a green tire spinning. The bullitt wheels where part of a premium package on 02+ GTs... the wheels were pretty popular in 01 when bullitts came out so Ford decided to put them on GTs. If you want to know anything about your car specifically, try taking pictures and posting them on here. As far as adding on mods, the most important thing is to not put on fake emblems without the power to back it up. It's annoying if you lie to people telling them it's something it's not. If you put on a cobra front bumper to a V6, it's important to state to people that it's a V6 with an upgraded cobra bumper and not a cobra.