4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What should i do Next

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 03:50 PM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

Default RE: What should i do Next

ORIGINAL: jdl01gt

They spin off the line but they also have alot of miles and time on them i was going to switch to ET Streets and get anothe set of tires that will last a little bit longer that would be suited a little beter on the street.. i have never been close to 14.3 when i was stock. do you have an auto and run this. if so what might be messing mine up.
With a stock 5spd I ran 14.1 with a 2.0 sixty. A auto is slightly slower. I would pull the C&L MAF and put back the stock MAF and see how it does.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:12 PM
LuvBottles97GT
2nd Gear Member

I already have the whole C&L Intake with the 80mm Mass air meter. on the predator what did you retard the timing to and how did you retard the timing using the predator. where did you set your shift points at and what did you put the shift points to. sorry for being a pain but i am really new to the predator and any help i can get on it i will be grateful.
JD.....Only question I have for you is what size injectors do you have and is your MAF calibrated to that. I ask this cause if it is, then your air/fuel ratio is gonna be all screwed up. That could be your problem. But as far as what else to do....Gears and a bottle and I'm sure you'll be happy with the results!!!
Old 05-11-2005, 07:49 PM
01roushnj
1st Gear Member

steeda pulleys and 4.10 gears
Old 05-11-2005, 10:10 PM
jdl01gt
1st Gear Member

I called C&L and they said that 80mm is the same size as stock, but that it flows better than the stock one and that it is calibrated for the stock injectors, but they said that the predator with the tune that it comes with out of the box would lean the car out too much. they also said to just run off of the stock tune and just add 4 degrees for the premium fuel until I could get it on a dyno and said to set the air to fuel ratio to 13.1/1 . You say that i should run 14.3ish in the quarter stock and that you ran 14.1 stock but i thought that there was a little more difference between autos and manuals in the 2001 models and that they were about that close on the newer body style because of the first three gears were really close together. if anyone has a auto in the body styles of mine what are you running in the quarter and what are your mods.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:21 AM
josh_0351
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OhThree4.6

4.10's baby
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 05-12-2005, 09:45 AM
DIVER8374
4th Gear Member

I called C&L and they said that 80mm is the same size as stock, but that it flows better than the stock one and that it is calibrated for the stock injectors, but they said that the predator with the tune that it comes with out of the box would lean the car out too much. they also said to just run off of the stock tune and just add 4 degrees for the premium fuel until I could get it on a dyno and said to set the air to fuel ratio to 13.1/1 . You say that i should run 14.3ish in the quarter stock and that you ran 14.1 stock but i thought that there was a little more difference between autos and manuals in the 2001 models and that they were about that close on the newer body style because of the first three gears were really close together. if anyone has a auto in the body styles of mine what are you running in the quarter and what are your mods.
I am planning on going to the track here at the end of the month, and when I do I will let you know what I run. All my mods are in my sig, and the steeda u/d pullys should be here on tue.