MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   What should i do Next (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/47160-what-should-i-do-next.html)

jdl01gt 05-11-2005 12:13 PM

What should i do Next

After going to the track this last weekend and being very dissapointed in the results (14.784 with all the mods listed below plus a set of Nitto Drag Raials) I am Getting Itchy for some more mods and was wanting your guys opinion. should i get gears next (4.10's) or should i get a set of ET Streets and have my car Dyno tuned. all i have is a c&L Mass Air Meter (80mm) and inlet tube, Magnaflow X-Pipe with cats, Magnapack Catback System, Bored out Plenum, and a 70mm TB. Or do you think there is something else for around 500 dollars or a little bit more i should do First. Oh and i have a Predator also, but because of the Mass air Meter the guys at C&L said that if i put the tune that came with the Predator it would make my car run too lean. They said i should only run 4 degrees more timing at wide open throttle and it would be the best for the setup. i would like to be in the 13's consistantly with my next upgrades.oh and it is also a 2001 Auto GT. Thanks for The help in advance. i have listed my time slip below to maybe help you guys help me better.

R/T .346
60' 2.169
330' 6.240
1/8 9.562
MPH 74.75
1000' 12.384
1/4 14.784
MPH 93.50

code3GT 05-11-2005 12:41 PM

RE: What should i do Next

Gears.

DIVER8374 05-11-2005 12:42 PM

Well the first thing that I would do if I was you is defently get the gears. Then after you get gears get a shift kit for it so the shift are faster and firmer. If you do a search on here for "shift kits" I have a good post on the one I installed in my car, how much it cost me, and how I like it. I would also get a CAI. I see that you have a predator, I would install the tune and retard your timeing a little, then modify the shift points, and shift pressure with it. You will really notice a difference with how it shifts if you do this. I used mine to modift my shift points and pressure before I go tmy shift kit and really liked the difference.

jdl01gt 05-11-2005 01:07 PM

I already have the whole C&L Intake with the 80mm Mass air meter. on the predator what did you retard the timing to and how did you retard the timing using the predator. where did you set your shift points at and what did you put the shift points to. sorry for being a pain but i am really new to the predator and any help i can get on it i will be grateful.

DIVER8374 05-11-2005 01:25 PM

After you plug the predator in you want to go to modify tune, and in there you will be able to modify all of thoese permanters. as far as the timeing goes I do not know what to tell you to retard it to, I have only advanced mine. But for the shift points and pressure you will be able to change it in this format:

Shift point 1-2 at part thortal (sp)
Shift points 2-3 " " "
Shift points 3-4 " " "

Shift points 1-2 WOT
Shift points 2-3 WOT
Shift points 3-4 WOT

you can play with these as it is easy to change it if you don't like it, and want more or less

Then you have:

Shift Pressure 1-2 at part thortal (sp)
Shift Pressure 2-3 " " "
Shift Pressure 3-4 " " "

Shift Pressure 1-2 WOT
Shift Pressure 2-3 WOT
Shift Pressure 3-4 WOT

I adjusted mine at part thortal a little more than half way for all gears except 3-4 I put that at 1/4
and at WOT all the way for 1-2, little less for 2-3, and a little less that that for 3-4

Then the last thing you want to change is the shift modulation set this to off for all gears.

hope this helps

SilverGTV8 05-11-2005 01:30 PM

The C&L 80mm MAF may be hurting you. It's has been shown to make the car very very lean when used. I would try pulling it out and putting the stocker back in and see what happens. I know of many people that have had better results with out it. Make sure you disconnect the battery so it will reset.

Your times should have been much better then that. Stock a GT auto should be able to pull 14.4=14.3 with 2.0-2.1 sixties.

Plus with the nittos you should pull 1.9s Get the hot hot and launch hard. Are you spinning when you leave or just bogging?

jdl01gt 05-11-2005 01:32 PM

Yes It Does help alot.this will not hurt my trans will it. anyways anyone else have any ideals to get me into 13's

OhThree4.6 05-11-2005 01:38 PM

4.10's baby;)

jdl01gt 05-11-2005 01:39 PM

They spin off the line but they also have alot of miles and time on them i was going to switch to ET Streets and get anothe set of tires that will last a little bit longer that would be suited a little beter on the street.. i have never been close to 14.3 when i was stock. do you have an auto and run this. if so what might be messing mine up.

DIVER8374 05-11-2005 01:51 PM

NO it will not hurt your trans, and it is actually better for it, the faster the trans shifts the less slippage= longer life of trans. I would defently suggest gettign a shift kit for it as soon as you can you will love what the kit does, also a trans cooler will help it out too.