4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Anyone "EVER" seen or had this issue?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 08:50 AM
Modular_Madness96
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone "EVER" seen or had this issue?

ORIGINAL: Gene4.6L

why are the Chevy people on here being that this is a Mustang Forum? Why would we want to take advise from them.... They are driving Chevys. nuf said.

Just kidding Dudes.
Agreed!But chevy guys with advice are still more valuable than douche bags with smart *** useless comments.

Anyhoo yeah im gaining headway with mine.It seems if i disconnect the EVR solenoids electrical side it completely disappears.Does not miss through the driving rpm range or at idle.Its as i suspected all along in the emissions equipment but i cant yet figure out why,Probably bring it in on lunch and check it out for maybe an update on the PCM only idea i have so far.

To those of you who offered actual advice thanks i really appreciate it to the pillow biter with smart *** comments i hope youre *** RAPED!

Ill update on what i find.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Eagle2000GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gene4.6L

I don't know what is up with yours, but I have a problem since you are on here. I have taken my to the Ford Dealer and they cannot seem find out what is wrong with my Mustang GT 2000. Maybe you have seen this happen before. I can drive the car and then if I shut it off and then try to start is again it will not start until after is sits for a while. I put a new fuel pump in it and filter and still does the same thing. It does not do this every time and it seems to be getting more frequent. Do you think that it could be the Fuel relay and if so where is it at? It does still crank over it just will not start. Someone told me to change the coolant, is that a possible fix?
Will it start if you hold the accelerator to the floor? I had this problem a couple of times and the car was flooded.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Modular_Madness96
2nd Gear Member

Well...................Its fixed!Not a head gasket issue it was emissions related as i said and had suspected.

Turns out the egr port on the elbow had deposits on it and when the egr went to open there was blockage there causing my issues.

Fords emissions parts are very sensitive and this has been an issue with the 4.6's since day one but its usually in the egr tube.

Again to those who offered up "REAL" suggestions i appreciate it.

To the guy whos car wont start in a post or two back try the IAC this can cause no starts or really rough running conditions.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:31 PM
briansbodyshop
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ackuric
+1 to the blowby/headgasket issue, so far logic and reason basically make that the biggest possibility. 130 psi is low imo especially when I bet all your other cylinders have 150+. It also sounds like your trying to avoid tearing into a simple 4.6 sohc engine as if your scared, being a ford tech, thats absurd. The first thing you shoulda done was test all sensors, which you said you did and they were in spec and you still replaced them, bad idea, money wasted. Then you shoulda done a complete compression test, not just on the one cylinder. Thus you woulda found that (most likely) your problem requires some engine overhaul. Now go get your hands dirty you 'ford tech'. I sincerely hope you look for work elsewhere (entirely different from the automotive field) considering you are one lazy bastard that I would never let touch my car. Imagine the customer w/ the same problem spending 1000$ or more in labor/parts to only have the same problem occuring. RAWFUL, you are RAWFUL

Whatta DICK!!!! evidently you know nothing about the problems that techs can have on ecm controlled engines . The days of listening to an engine and figuring out the problem is over.....Every car since the early 90's cant be diagnosed without the use a a scanner, and it takes years of experience on many vehicles to learn how to read and diagnose problems. Just because one works for ford, doesnt make any difference. They have they use of 10's of thousands of dollars worth of equipment,but that doesnt solve the problems for you. Sometimes one has to try everything reasonable in hopes of solving a problem. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt,but not even the best tech in the world get it right on the first try..... Before you slam someone, maybe you should put yourself in the same position and then lets see what result you get.....Your idea about his problem was wrong anyway......
Oh and by the way,What do you do for a living?????????
Old 08-14-2008, 12:37 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Why whine and argue guys? It's the internet, it's fake, move on.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:56 AM
Modular_Madness96
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by briansbodyshop
Whatta DICK!!!! evidently you know nothing about the problems that techs can have on ecm controlled engines . The days of listening to an engine and figuring out the problem is over.....Every car since the early 90's cant be diagnosed without the use a a scanner, and it takes years of experience on many vehicles to learn how to read and diagnose problems. Just because one works for ford, doesnt make any difference. They have they use of 10's of thousands of dollars worth of equipment,but that doesnt solve the problems for you. Sometimes one has to try everything reasonable in hopes of solving a problem. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt,but not even the best tech in the world get it right on the first try..... Before you slam someone, maybe you should put yourself in the same position and then lets see what result you get.....Your idea about his problem was wrong anyway......
Oh and by the way,What do you do for a living?????????

Hell i resorted to throwing parts at it which is never smart but if you use known to be good parts as test equipment theres nothing wrong with that.See it everyday.Especially on emissions crap and electrical.Like this speced out as far as parts went but the port was just clogged very common on the 4.6's egr system.

Im curious as to his occupation as well.