4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 11:58 PM
avlon06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: racing

ORIGINAL: 1SLO85

ORIGINAL: avlon06

haha thats cool, atleast you tried it.. when did you get into modding stangs?
I bought my very first car when I was 13 (1970 Mustang Coupe). Long story short...my dad's friend had the Firebird I mentioned earlier in this thread, that he bought brand new. I bought, fixed up, modded 4 different cars (starting with the 70 Mustang) as well as mowed yards to buy the Firebird on my 16th birthday.

Btw, the 1970 Mustang cost me $300.00, I put $200.00 and alot of blood, sweat and tears into it and sold it for $1200.00. Took that $$ and bought a 1978 Pontiac Formula and started the process again until I had enough $$ for the 68 Firebird.
well not to be rude but you've been around the block before lol...but none the less great story of how it all began!
Old 08-10-2008, 12:06 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

haha thats cool, atleast you tried it.. when did you get into modding stangs?
I bought my very first car when I was 13 (1970 Mustang Coupe). Long story short...my dad's friend had the Firebird I mentioned earlier in this thread, that he bought brand new. I bought, fixed up, modded 4 different cars (starting with the 70 Mustang) as well as mowed yards to buy the Firebird on my 16th birthday.

Btw, the 1970 Mustang cost me $300.00, I put $200.00 and alot of blood, sweat and tears into it and sold it for $1200.00. Took that $$ and bought a 1978 Pontiac Formula and started the process again until I had enough $$ for the 68 Firebird.
well not to be rude but you've been around the block before lol...but none the less great story of how it all began!
You're not being rude...it's been a fun ride.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:49 AM
35thAnni99GT
3rd Gear Member

Sorry, I dont want to interrupt Mitchs biography or anything, but my best advice would be to hit it with a big shot, tune it safely, and find some way to put it to the the ground. Terminators are impressive machines, no doubt, but they arent impossible to beat.

PS - Dont go racing from a roll either, make them race your race.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:55 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: 35thAnni99GT

Sorry, I dont want to interrupt Mitchs biography or anything, but my best advice would be to hit it with a big shot, tune it safely, and find some way to put it to the the ground. Terminators are impressive machines, no doubt, but they arent impossible to beat.

PS - Dont go racing from a roll either, make them race your race.
^^^^^LOL. Yeah, we got a lil OT. Sorry to the OP.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:36 AM
pcs
4th Gear Member

kb are to pricey for what you get and the quality isnt top notch, but if you get around 490whp with your 2v, you will be able to smack around plenty of street cars. a good friend of my has 502whp on his teminator and he cant beat me from a roll, im assuming that comes from the differance in the weight.so the termi's can be beat, but its not easy.good luck on your build.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:31 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

whats wrong with KB! i want a 2.6L myself, im a sucker for low end power, anyhow like they said suspension is 1/2 the battle, and no offense but you come off as sort of "car dumb" like you don't have much experience with them, therfore you probably shouldn't have a 490whp car, realisticly speaking you would probably hurt yourself, i say just go with 4.10 gears and full bolt ons, do some suspension work, once you get used to it s/c it or whatever. Either way Labor is really expensive for just about everything so first things first buy yourself a haynes repair manual and make some new friends.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:11 AM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: boduke0220

theres always someone faster..but if you really have 8k

Get a Kenne Bell and headers and bolt ons and all the crap and you should be fast enough
Not even close. Big HP #'s do not equate to a fast car.

oh yea, my bad. get susp stuff to such as shocks and UCA's and LCA's

hell i never never go to the track and love to break loose so it doesnt bother me
Old 08-10-2008, 08:39 AM
pcs
4th Gear Member

im not trying to be a "devils advocate" but svt is right about having too much power and not being able to handle it, if you dont know how to control the car or yourself, you cant get in to some trouble and possible hurt your car and worse, yourself/others. i know this especially with my motorcycle buddies, crotch rockets have an incredible power to weight ratio, lots of power and an idiot in control (not saying you are) equals a lot of accidents. its your car and your $ so you can do whatever you want. you could also consider a turbo for your power adder too.
also nothings wrong with kb, just quality isnt as good a whipple if you are talking screw type blowers. whipple doesnt make a 2v kit that i know of so for us 2v guys we have to settle for kb only.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:51 AM
avlon06
5th Gear Member

pcs you got forged internals? your pushin out alot of hp for a stock block
Old 08-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Chubstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pcs

kb are to pricey for what you get and the quality isnt top notch, but if you get around 490whp with your 2v, you will be able to smack around plenty of street cars. a good friend of my has 502whp on his teminator and he cant beat me from a roll, im assuming that comes from the differance in the weight.so the termi's can be beat, but its not easy.good luck on your build.
Do you have any experience with KB? I've never heard one bad thing about them.

Quick Reply: racing