4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Installed Saleen supercharger, AC and cruise control no longer work, need help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 05:03 PM
buster84

Default Installed Saleen supercharger, AC and cruise control no longer work, need help.

I just installed a saleen supercharger and my AC and cruise control dont work at all! The ac is wierd, it doesnt turn on and when i turn the dial to vent, AC, or MaX AC the air only blows out the top vent, just as if its on defroster. I'm wondering if i forgot to connect the harness in the drivers side wheel well back, but i dont want to rip it apart if thats not the issue. What could cause this to happen? Also my supercharger water pump doesn't work, i figured i wired it wrong but now im wondering if its not working since my ac isn't. I wired the pump and eat exchanger to passenger wires (CCRM) like the saleen manual says. The fans on the heat exchanger work though. Also it says to prime the pump, but i dont know how to do that, can anyone explain this to me?

Here is the manual.
Saleen Supercharger Install
Old 08-09-2008, 05:14 PM
35thAnni99GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Installed Saleen supercharger, AC and cruise control no longer work, need help.

Without consulting a wiring diagram it sounds like one of the wires you spliced into in the CCRM may have been a hot wire for the compressor/blower motor and the cruise control.

Also, something to consider, rewire your fans and water pump to a key-on source. That way it comes on independent of your other electrical systems and you can have the car parked and let the fans run and the pump recirculate to drop temps.

PS - That harness in the drivers side wheel well is easy to access with a jack and the wheels turned. I would check that if I were you.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:01 PM
buster84

Default RE: Installed Saleen supercharger, AC and cruise control no longer work, need help.

Yea, ill have to double check. when i turn the key to the on position, the fans turn on automaticly after 10 seconds and run the whole time. I blew into the intercooler tank because the manual said to do that. I used my sct livewire to check my internal temps and it looks to be 130 iat all the time. So it sounds like its working, but i also didnt hit any boost so it maybe because of that lol. As for the AC it does work, i just cant change the direction the air blows in the car, it feels like stuck on the defroster position, like i turn the **** and it does nothing, but does turn off when i go to of, but when i do ac, max ac or defrost the AC turns on but again only blows like its on the defroster. What could cause this?
Old 08-09-2008, 06:54 PM
buster84

ok i have been doing some reading and it seems that the ac is run off of a vacume line, can anyone post a picture of this line? Is this connected the stock plenum? The reason i ask is i had to rewire up my vacume lines on my car for the saleen charger, and the line that connected to the front of the plenum that was red tube, I just plugged up because i didnt have the adapter at the time to run it to the new intake. Could this have been the AC vacume?
Old 08-09-2008, 11:35 PM
buster84

I fixed it, i accidently forgot to plug in a vacume hose. Now the only issue is my cruise control what could cause that to stop working? is there a fuse for it?
Old 08-10-2008, 01:52 AM
35thAnni99GT
3rd Gear Member

Check the fusebox in the engine compartment.

PS - If you havent primed it already, it should be easy to do. Just fill the res. with water and if you have the pump attached to a key-on source (which you should) it will start circulating water through the heat exchanger and intercooler.