4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Newb..HELP!??

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 09:53 AM
floored_04

Default Newb..HELP!??

ok. im in the market for a 2000-2001 mustang and looking for some go fast and turn goodies....hmmm ill need to stop to....ok so i want GOOD parts.
here is a list of mods i would like to do.
1.) coil overs.
2.) sway bars frt/bk
3.) sub frame connectors
4.) rebuild a second engine to accept super charger
5.) big break upgrade
6.) rear end
7.) Is there a chassis brace?
8.) strut bars frt/bk
9.) shifter
10.) my garage's own interior(not for hire...yet)
11.) full exhust including long tube
12.) programing

am i waisting my time on any of these mods? i want it to handle like a slot car and kill a vett(Z06). Is that to much to ask??
Old 08-15-2008, 10:37 AM
True Blue Racing
2nd Gear Member

You have some big dreams for your car, and I hope your wallet is just as big. If I were you i would start off buying a termi.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:55 PM
SINISTER
5th Gear Member

If you are going to spend all that right off the bat, I would look into getting a 2003-2004 Cobra as your starting point. A lot of things are better right from the beginning, especially the motor and its potential.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:05 PM
floored_04

Yea i thought about a cobra. But no at first i will do the interoir and exterior for looks to get my garage and my name out there. That will cost verry little to none for me. You have to understand where i live, my house note is not but 300, and thats paying 50 over. I dont want to be known for just mini trucks, and those silly little handas or what ever you call those loud anoying 4cly cars that get great gas milige...little bastards! so... no i will not be doing all the parts at the same time, im just trying to get a plan together, as i do with all my projects.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:34 PM
SINISTER
5th Gear Member

Well, then add some upper and lower control arms to the suspension goodies, they will help you get power to the ground. As for the power, you're going to need a fully built motor (all internals) and might as well add some better flowing heads and a custom ground cam for whatever power adder you use. A turbo setup would get you some great gains, but are pretty expensive. You're also going to need to beef up the rest of the drivetrain (transmission and rear end). I would suggest at least a 31 spline T-lock and axles.

Whatever route you go, you will have your work cut out for you.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:19 PM
floored_04

great now as for the internals ill have to do some research because as of right now i wouldent even know where to go to get them other that jegs and summit. hmmm just thought... ive never built a fuel injected motor or an over head cam before, just a few sbc350's and bbc 454's