4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Help! Car is hijacked by out of state dealer, pcm question

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 09:11 AM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

You didn't have to buy the part! Yes you would have to pay a restocking fee but that is BS they made you buy the part. You need to call the BBB on this STEALERSHIP
Old 08-28-2008, 10:21 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

I'm not so sure if the BBB really does anything, but that's bull**** that they charged you for the part. What dealer was this?
Old 08-28-2008, 05:57 PM
theway146
1st Gear Member

Cool

Hey guys, thanks for following along on this saga! SO CHECK THIS OUT.

First we use my scan tool and check the codes, mostly coil codes with a misfire on cylinder five. So we pull the cyl. 5 plug and this is what we see!(comparo to new plug)

The rest of the plugs looked much the same and the coils all looked in fine shape. One of the things I noticed that was ODD was the oil/fuel residue on the plugs...

This would be a good time to introduce my saviour, my brother Kevin, who has every tool imaginable and the skills to match, love ya bro!

HERE IS THE CLINCHER. Out of habit I was checking to see if any relays were disconnected, you never know right.

WELL CHECK OUT WHAT THESE INCOMPETENT fuggers forgot to plug back together after putting on new head gaskets (which is recorded on the first fix, the timing belt cover). It is the main harness going to the fuel rails/injectors. It was completely unplugged. Lucky we pulled the intake to get to that side or we would have never noticed. This is where my saga borders on fraud. I specifically asked the service manager on wednesday if he checked the plugs and he said yes. Well, as indicated here, any fool with a scan tool could see to check number five and see it was completely fouled, obviously caused by too much fuel from an UNREGULATED fuel system. Here is the harness, located right under the air intake.

Needless to say I am in the process of putting together my case and going to have them do a full refund on the pcm and reimburse me for all three rentals (2 Avis and the uhaul, $1000).

I am not going to mention their name UNLESS they fail to meet my demands. I may even request an additional $500 for "pain and suffering".

The funny thing is, they would have thrown in the computer, which would not have fixed it, then done plugs, coils, etc. and still probably not found the REAL problem!

Good grief...

SO MY BELOVED STANG RUNS GREAT NOW AND THIS DEALERSHIP IS OWNED ON SO MANY LEVELS!!!

This picture really tells the story, reman ecm in the box unopened with the after fix scan showing no codes. WOW, I REALLY OWN THESE FUGGERS. I must say, this feels good!

Maybe this could become a sticky on how what can really go right when you take matters into your own hands!
Old 08-28-2008, 06:52 PM
ackuric
4th Gear Member

Reminds me of a thread from a FORD TECH guy asking about a low rpm miss even after replacing his tps, maf, spark plugs, ect ect even though they weren't showing faults during testing. Good find, I cant believe those hacks forgot to reconnect a major connection. You definitely deserve reimbursement.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:05 PM
jrherald420
5th Gear Member

well its good to hear that your stang is back up and running but i wish you all the luck in the world TRYING to get anything out of the dealership. good luck and keep us posted.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:32 PM
theway146
1st Gear Member

Well I sent a detailed 3 page letter to the GM of this Ford Dealership, describing essentially what is outlined in post 23 and requesting $700 plus in rental reimbursements and $500 for loss of time, inconvenience, and "pain and suffering". Will let you all know if they pay!!!

On a brighter note, my bro and I threw in the Steeda springs I had ordered weeks ago and the Mach One front lip!

Old 08-30-2008, 05:29 PM
bluepony4.6
3rd Gear Member

Good luck my friend. Stick it to the mannnnn!!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Good luck...
Old 09-05-2008, 08:05 AM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by theway146
Well I sent a detailed 3 page letter to the GM of this Ford Dealership, describing essentially what is outlined in post 23 and requesting $700 plus in rental reimbursements and $500 for loss of time, inconvenience, and "pain and suffering". Will let you all know if they pay!!!

On a brighter note, my bro and I threw in the Steeda springs I had ordered weeks ago and the Mach One front lip!

So, any word from the dealership GM?
Old 09-05-2008, 08:29 AM
theway146
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wasvette
So, any word from the dealership GM?
Well, my brother has taken it over from here cause I am busy with my new job...

He gets kinda lazy so I'll have to call him to see if he is still on top of it and let you guys know!

Quick Reply: Help! Car is hijacked by out of state dealer, pcm question