4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Problems with QA1 K member fit

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 10:45 AM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Default Problems with QA1 K member fit

So at first I was happy with my QA 1 K member. It was kinda annoying to have to clearance the nuts for the A arms bolts but other then that the installation went smooth.

Well now that the car is down on the wheels I've noticed that the passenger side wheel pokes out about 3/4". That is also with -2.5 of camber, it will only get worse if I find a way to get rid of all the camber. The drive side looks fine and there really isn't any way to adjust/center the k member
I didn't have this problem last year with the stock k member so I know this has to be the problem.

I was talking to my tuner and he said he has had similar issues with QA 1 products. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do now. I was looking into getting a UPR k member so I was wondering what people have heard about them.

I know everyone is going to say go with maximum motorsports but that's a big over kill, especially on price.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:47 AM
Stevecooper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank
So at first I was happy with my QA 1 K member. It was kinda annoying to have to clearance the nuts for the A arms bolts but other then that the installation went smooth.

Well now that the car is down on the wheels I've noticed that the passenger side wheel pokes out about 3/4". That is also with -2.5 of camber, it will only get worse if I find a way to get rid of all the camber. The drive side looks fine and there really isn't any way to adjust/center the k member
I didn't have this problem last year with the stock k member so I know this has to be the problem.

I was talking to my tuner and he said he has had similar issues with QA 1 products. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do now. I was looking into getting a UPR k member so I was wondering what people have heard about them.

I know everyone is going to say go with maximum motorsports but that's a big over kill, especially on price.
Please don't quote me on this, but I am fairly sure the UPR is a Griggs rip off. Not saying that its sub par quality wise but its a carbon copy of the Griggs setup
Old 09-16-2008, 11:02 AM
mustangman281
Banned

Did you measure to make sure you centered the k member. You can't just bolt it up and think its straight.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:17 AM
Stevecooper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangman281
Did you measure to make sure you centered the k member. You can't just bolt it up and think its straight.
Damn me and my assuming, I assumed he would knew that.

I really need to stop doing that.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:31 AM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Holy crap now you're talking an easy $1300 for just the K member and A arms with Griggs. Looks like nice stuff but seriously?
Old 09-16-2008, 11:41 AM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangman281
Well since there is no lateral adjustment on the k member, measuring seems kind of pointless. Short of enlarging the holes and trying to fudge it, there isn't much you can do.

Now that I read more on this, I guess this is a fairly common problem with the QA 1.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:07 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Go with these guys Bro http://paracing.com/product_info.php...19808d76583cd2

I have said it before and I'll say it again, best fitting K member on the market!!
Fits like a glove!!!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 04:04 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
Go with these guys Bro http://paracing.com/product_info.php...19808d76583cd2

I have said it before and I'll say it again, best fitting K member on the market!!
Fits like a glove!!!!!
I've actually heard good things about that k member. I might just try a set of adjustable A arms first. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to find plan B.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:07 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank
I've actually heard good things about that k member.
It is fantastic!!! That coupled with spring perches, 4cyl Fox springs, and adjustable struts has made a world of difference
Old 09-16-2008, 05:01 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

That is actually a decent price for a chrome-moly K member if it really is as nice as you say.

Quick Reply: Problems with QA1 K member fit