4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

NEW MOTOR TIME!!!

Old 09-19-2008, 10:03 AM
98redstang
5th Gear Member

Default NEW MOTOR TIME!!!

Ok well my npi motor crapped out. So im probably gonna go for a full pi motor swap i Just have a couple of questions. Will my headers still fit on the new motor? And will my tanny still match up? Also what if i went for a cobra motor? Would the headers and trans match up to it. Its a t45 and there mac lt's btw.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Stevecooper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 98redstang
Ok well my npi motor crapped out. So im probably gonna go for a full pi motor swap i Just have a couple of questions. Will my headers still fit on the new motor? And will my tanny still match up? Also what if i went for a cobra motor? Would the headers and trans match up to it. Its a t45 and there mac lt's btw.
the PI will work with the headers and the tranny. The cobra motor has different shaped exhaust ports so the headers are a no go.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:09 AM
98redstang
5th Gear Member

ok thanks. Were gonna get the head tested first to make sure i dont just have a cracked head before we go and buy a whole motor. If its not the head than the only other thing it could be are the rings on that cylinder so ill just get a whole motor. If its the head ill just get npi heads for cheap and getem port and polished and maybe some nice cams.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:22 AM
Stevecooper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 98redstang
ok thanks. Were gonna get the head tested first to make sure i dont just have a cracked head before we go and buy a whole motor. If its not the head than the only other thing it could be are the rings on that cylinder so ill just get a whole motor. If its the head ill just get npi heads for cheap and getem port and polished and maybe some nice cams.
I doubt its anything wrong with the head, but if it is get a set of used PI heads and cams. If you want to have your heads ported just have the PI heads done

That being said how many miles are on the motor?
Old 09-21-2008, 09:56 AM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Originally Posted by Stevecooper
I doubt its anything wrong with the head, but if it is get a set of used PI heads and cams. If you want to have your heads ported just have the PI heads done

That being said how many miles are on the motor?
you really dont know what youre talking about.... if he ports the npi heads they will flow just as well as ported pi heads
Old 09-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Stevecooper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99BlackPonyGT
you really dont know what youre talking about.... if he ports the npi heads they will flow just as well as ported pi heads
and if there is something wrong with is heads and he needs to replace them, the bump in compression will increase power. I don't disagree that correctly ported NPI's will flow the same as correctly ported PI's, but you won't get a pump in compression using the NPI heads because of the larger chamber...
Old 09-21-2008, 06:23 PM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

Actually according to ford, the NPI heads were flow tested and compared to PI heads and the PI heads were superior. Even the ported NPI heads were still inferior to the stock unported PI heads. You're gonna spend the same amount of money porting the PI and the NPI heads but obviously the ported PI heads will be far superior so go PI...BTW, I got an aluminum block and some H-beam rods you might wanna check out...
Old 09-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DeathRattle
Actually according to ford, the NPI heads were flow tested and compared to PI heads and the PI heads were superior. Even the ported NPI heads were still inferior to the stock unported PI heads. You're gonna spend the same amount of money porting the PI and the NPI heads but obviously the ported PI heads will be far superior so go PI...BTW, I got an aluminum block and some H-beam rods you might wanna check out...
What backwards planet are you from? NPI And PI will flow the same after porting.

Last edited by Sxynerd; 09-21-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:14 PM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

WTF did I just say a**hole...I said according to ford...meaning that the manufacturer of the actual head says that the NPI heads do not flow the same as the PI heads...where are you getting your "backwards" information from...?? Oh let me guess, your reply will be that your buddy has NPI heads and he tested them against PI heads and they flowed the same right...?? And what will you say if I post the website for you to read it yourself...??
Old 09-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Holy crap, I'm an *******? I never heard that one before, lol

Mr.tough guy gonna get a spine on the internet, you're funny. Good Job.

If you're going to tell someone something, you should make sure it's right, Retard.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NEW MOTOR TIME!!!