4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Looking at an 04 GT, what do I look for?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 06:59 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Looking at an 04 GT, what do I look for?

an 04 gt....

low miles and as close to stock as can be, usually means it wasn't beat on, not always but usually.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:27 AM
bluebullit
1st Gear Member

yeah if your interested in a mach go to mach1registry.com and they have several selling in there

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php

Last edited by bluebullit; 10-05-2008 at 03:29 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:18 PM
mkmiller1

Here's an update on the stang I'm looking at. It has the SRS package, 27,900 miles, very clean interior and only a couple of minor scratches on the exterior(not noticable from 5'), motor has an aftermarket air intake(MAC products), billit pedals , aftermarkets exhaust tips. The car has super acceleration but upon driving I noticed that it tended to bog a little when it would downshift or under light acceleration. I told my buddy and he said he would have it checked out; he called today and said that the Ford place replaced a coil pack to the tune of $380. He said it runs GREAT now. I wonder if them washing it when the got it in caused the coil pack to go out. Anyway, With all that said he wants $14350 for the car with new windshield and new tires all the way around.
How does that sound? I'm not crazy about the intake but I would have added one anyway. Oh yeah, clean CarFax. Thanks, Matthew

Last edited by mkmiller1; 10-10-2008 at 08:11 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Evenexchange
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mkmiller1
Here's an update on the stang I'm looking at. It has the SRS package, 27,900 miles, very clean interior and only a couple of minor scratches on the exterior(not noticable from 5'), motor has an aftermarket air intake(MAC products), billit pedals , aftermarkets exhaust tips. The car has super acceleration but upon driving I noticed that it tended to bog a little when it would downshift or under light acceleration. I told my buddy and he said he would have it checked out; he called today and said that the Ford place replaced a coil pack to the tune of $380. He said it runs GREAT now. I wonder if them washing it when the got it in caused the coil pack to go out. Anyway, With all that said he wants $14350 for the car with new windshield and new tires all the way around.
How does that sound? I'm not crazy about the intake but I would have added one anyway. Oh yeah, clean CarFax. Thanks, Matthew
That sounds like a deal.. go with what your gut is telling you.. then get a second opinion from someone you care for.. Gut feelings always work with me.

On a side note though, new windshield and tires is a great plus. Pitted windshields **** me off.