4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Flowmaster mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 03:41 PM
cobrasvtcoupe25

Originally Posted by StriderTacticaL
Well yeah the LM1's sound like ****

And if you are taking a really long trip on the freeway and have people you are trying to talk to then the drone does get really annoying
I see your running Bola's, pretty happy with that set-up? Vids?
Old 11-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Evenexchange
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Black_GT_02
I really don't understand why everyone hates the drone. I purposefully try to cruise in the drone range...call me crazy. I have flow 40 mufflers and o/r h and love the sound. a vid is on my cardomain in the link below in sig.

props to your 1/4 mile time...almost the EXACT as me. +1 for crazy spinning on street tires
ME TOOO!!! I like my American Thunder catback =)
Old 11-13-2008, 01:39 AM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cobrasvtcoupe25
I see your running Bola's, pretty happy with that set-up? Vids?
Yeah i'm very happy with it. The stingers originally was out of the question based on the price and the fact that I thought it was gonna be too loud (read my post in the first page). I put a lot of thought into what kind of catback I wanted. Like I said eariler, after I realized that videos on youtube and etc make it seem louder than it was and my weld in super 40's sounded quite like stock, I decided to give the borlas a try. I bought a used system but it was in very good condition.

The tips are really nice, I thought 4" would be too big but it seems perfect. I like how the mufflers kinda hide under the car and make everything look neater.

Last but not least, the sound. The sound is incredible, I love it. It has a really deep rich sound. At idle it's not loud at all but once the engine revs up under load it sounds so good. It's kinda hard for me to tell now since I'm always INSIDE my car and I am kinda getting used to it but it's not really obnoxiously loud like some people have said. I know with new headers and and a midpipe it will be much louder, but i'm sure it will be a great sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsqOa...eature=related this is the kind of sound I want to go for. This guy has longtubes and the stingers. I think it's the best sounding new edge I've ever heard.

Well there are a few problems which I have posted before to see how it compares with other catbacks. When I had my Stingers installed, I noticed that the right side end pipe is very near by stock 17X8 rims with 245 tires. It's about an inch away. I don't know why Borla couldn't make the end pipe "hug" the gas tank more and make the final bend to the tips more rearward and clear of the wheelwell/wheel. I first thought it was a flaw with mine but it seems to be a factory problem. It's not really a problem right now but I soon have plans to mount 275's or even 315's. I think I can just get away with 275's if the offset is ok but I really don't know about 315's. I really don't want to run wheelspacers. If worse comes to worse, I might just find a reputable exhaust shop to custom bend me an endpipe and reweld the tips on. The exhaust shop that installed my stingers for me previously did a really good job welding in my subframe connectors and the super 40 mufflers but did a **** job with this catback. They almost sawed off my right side rubber hanger mount whilst cutting off my stock exhaust pipes and almost cut right through my left brake line. That really pissed me off but it's ok now. I kinda learned my lesson again: Do **** yourself or take it to a darm good reputable shop because people will just **** **** up.

Here are 2 pictures to show I am saying. In the first picture it seems like it is already touching but the second picture better shows what I mean.

Now I assume you have a Cobra so I'm sure it won't be much of a problem for you. Overall I love my stingers and plan on keeping it on. I don't really have any exhaust vids yet but I am trying to make one soon. This area is really crowded and I park my car in a small shared underground garage so I can't really film it there because the sound all distorts and muffles and all.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:22 PM
jbors1
1st Gear Member

want to trade?
Old 11-14-2008, 08:41 AM
Brute03
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by UmX
this is how it souns now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osvSM6wPEyA

no i have long tubes to Off road H then slp lm1's
i used to have long tubes to o/r h to 40 series single chambers
hahaha dude those passes were terrible your car is stupid loud though, i can't imagine dealing with that everyday
Old 11-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

I like the flows especially with my o/r h-pipe. Real old school 5.0 sound...
Old 11-14-2008, 06:30 PM
isjoining
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Brute03
hahaha dude those passes were terrible your car is stupid loud though, i can't imagine dealing with that everyday
yeah and it's not the kind of loud that sounds good either.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:35 PM
1HottMach
1st Gear Member

I'm with you "Black GT 02" 100% I drive in the drone when I can... I Love my Flows

Last edited by 1HottMach; 11-14-2008 at 06:38 PM. Reason: msg direction
Old 11-14-2008, 10:11 PM
UmX
3rd Gear Member

heres a pic of the underneath

dont have slp back just welded up lm1s headers are bbk and so is the h pipe..

Old 11-14-2008, 10:25 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

here's my delta flows vs magnaflows vs open cutouts http://videos.streetfire.net/video/m...ion_195831.htm

Quick Reply: Flowmaster mufflers