4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Best Street Strip Suspension Setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 08:47 AM
dennis_112
3rd Gear Member

Default Best Street Strip Suspension Setup

As of now my rear suspension is stock. I have been thinking about putting mega bite juniors uppers and lower, with spherical bearings, and running a mickey thompson slick, aslo changing my rear gear to a 4.10, and doing a 28 to moser 31 spline axel conversion. Would this be the best option? Would I be able to launch my Stang hard over and over again without problems? I want my car to be in the 7's or better in the 1/8 what suspension parts can get me there?
Old 11-12-2008, 12:04 PM
cobrasvtcoupe25

Good plan..

DR's (MT is what I'll be buying next), 31 splines, 31 spline diff, 4.10's (Might want to go 3.90's w/ your power), MM LCA, MM FLSFC's and you should be good to go.

UCA won't do much. I upgraded mine because I swaped my rear end out and bought as much aftermarket for as I could
Old 11-12-2008, 02:27 PM
dennis_112
3rd Gear Member

Thanks I forgot about the subframe connectors. Do you think the 4.10 is to much gear? I thought that at first too, but didnt want to get a 3.73 and then be unhappy with it. Maybe a 3.90 is my best option for a gear. Kinda the best of both worlds. I wanted to do the UCA's so I could can my pinion angle. Which MM LCA's did you use? Could you post a link or possible a part #?
Old 11-12-2008, 03:49 PM
cobrasvtcoupe25

Originally Posted by dennis_112
Thanks I forgot about the subframe connectors. Do you think the 4.10 is to much gear? I thought that at first too, but didnt want to get a 3.73 and then be unhappy with it. Maybe a 3.90 is my best option for a gear. Kinda the best of both worlds. I wanted to do the UCA's so I could can my pinion angle. Which MM LCA's did you use? Could you post a link or possible a part #?
IMO 3.90's are prefect for a GT expecially one with FI. 4.10's are pretty extreme expecially for FI car.

I say this because my friend use to have a 01 GT w/ 260RWHP & 301RWTQ and 3.90's were perfect. He had motive gears

Cobra's are another story btw.

MM FLSFC should be #1 on your list.

MM says that UCA don't do anything, read here and read all...

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/in...roducts_id=544

I went with the non-adj ones

http://www.americanmuscle.com/maximu...rms-99-04.html

Might want to go with adj depending on spring/coilover/shock preference?
Old 11-13-2008, 02:39 PM
dennis_112
3rd Gear Member

Thanks again so I got the gear choosen, 3.90's, SFC's, with MM LCA's. That plus changing out the 28 splines for some beefy moser 31 splines, new diff, buy some cragar's, and slicks and I think I will be solid for next season at the strip. Am I missing anything.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:47 PM
cobrasvtcoupe25

Originally Posted by dennis_112
Thanks again so I got the gear choosen, 3.90's, SFC's, with MM LCA's. That plus changing out the 28 splines for some beefy moser 31 splines, new diff, buy some cragar's, and slicks and I think I will be solid for next season at the strip. Am I missing anything.
Surprise I'm the only one answering your Q's....

Not impressed with mustangs forums.... Just joined

Save money by just putting on some good DR's on the rear wheels you already have.

MAKE SURE YOU GET FULL LENGTH SUBS, otherwise don't do it!
Old 11-13-2008, 02:53 PM
dennis_112
3rd Gear Member

Yea I know what you mean, I wish more of the people from the forum would be willing to help. I think I have it covered now though. And I probably will just use DR's, any idea what rpm I would be able to launch them at after I use the before mentioned setup. I would love to be in boost when I launch. It sucks grannying it off the line just to spin. I hate using street tires at the track so I am excited about this. I wish wives understood what this stuff means to us.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:12 PM
kenv
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cobrasvtcoupe25
Surprise I'm the only one answering your Q's....

Not impressed with mustangs forums.... Just joined
Well! with comments like yours, & 11 (eleven) posts under your belt, I`m sure that everyone here can`t wait to welcome you to the forums.

As far as not getting a lot of answers to the questions, perhaps not many folks have read the thread yet (some people have to go to work/school). There are many knowledgeable members here, & most, if not all questions get answered at some point. I have have looked at & been a member of most of the Mustang forums, & IMHO this one is the best.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:21 PM
cobrasvtcoupe25

Originally Posted by kenv
Well! with comments like yours, & 11 (eleven) posts under your belt, I`m sure that everyone here can`t wait to welcome you to the forums.

As far as not getting a lot of answers to the questions, perhaps not many folks have read the thread yet (some people have to go to work/school). There are many knowledgeable members here, & most, if not all questions get answered at some point. I have have looked at & been a member of most of the Mustang forums, & IMHO this one is the best.
Cool thanks for the comment and don't worry I'll be around...

Watch what you say too... I'm graduating from college w/ a degree in accounting Dec. 2008, work aorund 20 hours a week, and currently have three A's and one B. Also in a band, have a girlfriend, race the cobra, and have a social life. Some how find to time to post on forums.... People are reading this with a view count of 62
Old 11-13-2008, 03:22 PM
dennis_112
3rd Gear Member

I agree this is the best forum, I wasnt questioning that. I meant I need a solid answer and would like to hear from someone that has been in my sitution. I dont want to waste money on parts that I dont need or arent the best for what I am going to do. I am trying to get my car in the 7's in the 1/8. What suspension setup is needed to do so? And he has been a big help, I dont care how many posts he has. Welcome to the forum. lol.

Last edited by dennis_112; 11-13-2008 at 03:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Best Street Strip Suspension Setup