4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

feedback please

Old 05-26-2005, 06:11 PM
white_snake
2nd Gear Member

Default feedback please

ok here is my problem, i have been saving money here and there and putting small mods on my 2003 3.8 V6 mustang.
the other day i happen to come across this 1996 SVT COBRA it is a standard, white fully loaded leather seats the works, for $10,000. i thought that was a hell of a good deal. i dont know how many KM are on the car but it looks like it is in good shape.

so my question is do i stick with the 2003 3.8 and keep modding it slowly or do i sell it and go with the older cobra?

i havnt taken it for a ride yet, hopefully see if the guy lets me tonight. and i will take pictures too.

thanks for all your input.

EDIT: that $10,000 is candian dollars not american, so that means it is 7,500 - 8,000 us
Old 05-26-2005, 06:18 PM
firemedix911
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: feedback please

Ok you have to think about what you want and what you can spend. Me personally would take the V8 every day of the week, twice on sundays. No offense to all the v6's out there but that's reality. If this cobra is in really good condition I'll say go for it. It'll take u a lot of money to get your v6 to9 the HP ratting of this cobvra even If it was stock. Now if you r looking for reliability You have to think about this too. You don't know where that Cobra has been so is a decision that you and only you can make. Think of what you want and then go with the one that would adjust to your liking best.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:06 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

i agree w/ fire.........no offense to the v6er's, but, id drop a v6 in a heartbeat and get the Cobra. if its been taken care of, its definitely worth that. see how many miles/km are on it. i mean, for all we know, it could be a garage kept car, driven only when its nice, and not even raced any. or, it coulda been raced everyday. just see if they took care of it or not. if they did, id get it. but, also, look at gas prices and how much your car insurance will go up too....i say get it. you wont regret it, unless its a "lemon" [:'(]
Old 05-26-2005, 08:11 PM
white_snake
2nd Gear Member

ok, well im just waiting for him to call me back,
ya i have taken a fair bit into consideration, i know gas will be more money, but not too much more.
and my insurance will actually go down 10 bucks a month (older vehicle).

is there any thing i should look for when i go and look at it? like common rust spots or leaky whatevers...thanks again.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:33 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

idk much about the SN-95 body style(s), so, might wanna ask in the 4.6 section......theyd be able able to help you out more probably. and if you do decide to get it..........post pics of her.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:45 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

10k...just a thought for 10k....you could have a cobra engine put in your ride..talk about sleeper...and have 1000's left over..just a thought
Old 05-26-2005, 09:10 PM
firemedix911
2nd Gear Member

He means 10000 in Canadian money.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:43 PM
white_snake
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vfast

10k...just a thought for 10k....you could have a cobra engine put in your ride..talk about sleeper...and have 1000's left over..just a thought
well its not like i have 10k laying around i will have to sell my 03. but it would be nice if i could.
and as for pictures, i get to go take a better look at it tomorrow so i will take along the camera and snap a few off.
i think he told me on the phone that it had around 50,000 miles on it. never winter driven. been i one slight accident.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:09 AM
JonBeast

Check the car out, if the body is in good shape, and the interior is good, and the engine doesn't look bad, go for it. Basically, if a man keeps everything clean, than you know he is **** about his car and most likely takes good care of it. I love the body style, and I'm sure you won't be disappointed with it. Going from your v6 to a 4v.....
Old 05-27-2005, 12:31 AM
white_snake
2nd Gear Member

im not a big fan of the body style but there is something about the cobra's body or just the front end that attracts me[8D]
ill update you all tomorrow after work.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: feedback please