4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Help, #7 Ignition Coil Shorted/TB Problem

Old 07-04-2009, 12:43 PM
ShinobiOfLegends
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
1st. Wrong section
2nd. Next time you post try using basic 8th grade grammar, punctuation, and syntax and you'll get more help. (We don't ask for much)
3rd. Which happens to be my Favorite because of the picture I get to post:
........------v

We love helping out but give everyone the respect they deserve by speaking (typing) at a mature level with thoughtful and specific detail.
now, now, if Leon wants to act like an idiot, who are you to stop him?
Old 07-04-2009, 09:24 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Anyway, check resistance between the RD/LB wire from the coil to the RD/LB wire on the PCM connector. Its pin 52. If the wire checks out ok, then I believe your PCM is trash.

The red dot below is pin 52, where you want to check. Measure resistance between the coil connector and there. Also, make sure the pin on the coil connector isnt damaged and making good contact with the coil itself

Last edited by WhiteFoxGT; 07-04-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:28 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Old 07-06-2009, 07:35 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

whitefoxgt- how much does that service cost you to have? Or is it just through the dealership that it is setup? i.e.-is that something i can pay a subscription fee for and use as well?

OP- i have some extra USED COPS which are still in good working order, have 75k miles on them. 5 bux each plus shipping if you want any.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:15 AM
leon1969

thank you guys for your help,im sorry about using capital letters and my grammar(punctuation), im from Nicaragua , next time ill be mo careful with the writing

Thanks
Old 07-06-2009, 10:12 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Originally Posted by devongarver
whitefoxgt- how much does that service cost you to have? Or is it just through the dealership that it is setup? i.e.-is that something i can pay a subscription fee for and use as well?

OP- i have some extra USED COPS which are still in good working order, have 75k miles on them. 5 bux each plus shipping if you want any.
I dont pay anything for it.. I've been a tech for Ford for a few years now.. That is the direct technician resource site that Ford provides to us. Im not technically supposed to copy it or show you guys any of that

And if you read correctly he has a sixxer, which uses one coil pack, not COPs

Originally Posted by leon1969
thank you guys for your help,im sorry about using capital letters and my grammar(punctuation), im from Nicaragua , next time ill be mo careful with the writing

Thanks

Did you figure it out?
Old 07-07-2009, 06:46 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT
I dont pay anything for it.. I've been a tech for Ford for a few years now.. That is the direct technician resource site that Ford provides to us. Im not technically supposed to copy it or show you guys any of that

And if you read correctly he has a sixxer, which uses one coil pack, not COPs

Did you figure it out?

Someone's confused here, the OP has a GT, the threadjacker from Nica-where ever has the sixxer. Correct?

About the software though, thats some pretty sweet stuff.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:49 AM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Originally Posted by devongarver
Someone's confused here, the OP has a GT, the threadjacker from Nica-where ever has the sixxer. Correct?

About the software though, thats some pretty sweet stuff.
I was tryin to help the thread jacker actually.. This thread is from like 2008 im sure the TS has it figured out by now.

The site has its perks, but the servers are always down. Its not so much software, its just a website with forums like this but has a secure login and whatnot
Old 07-07-2009, 08:57 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT
I was tryin to help the thread jacker actually.. This thread is from like 2008 im sure the TS has it figured out by now.

The site has its perks, but the servers are always down. Its not so much software, its just a website with forums like this but has a secure login and whatnot

DOH! I suck again! I didnt even notice the thread date,..i guess i need to start looking at that. This explains the confusion...

We had software like that when i worked at best buy back in college, it was handy i wish i still had access to it! I definitely wish i had access to yours!!lol
Old 08-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Durr727
6th Gear Member

haha yeah i figured it out...but no more than 3 months later my timing chain basically destroyed itself when i was at the track, spewing metal and all kinds of stuff into my engine and oil.

had to replace my whole engine, luckily my extended warranty i bought covered that for me, and also a brand new clutch.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help, #7 Ignition Coil Shorted/TB Problem