4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

got my exhaust installed, little dissapointed, need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 10:58 AM
tylerl90
2nd Gear Member

Talking

Originally Posted by russell16
I just got my MAC longtubes, MAC o/r prochamber, and borla stingers installed and i must say i really like the tone of the exhaust but it isnt as loud as i hoped overall since i dont have the cats anymore. When i at WOT it sounds amazing and is pretty loud but at cruising speeds and a normal acceleration im not as satisfied as i hoped.

When watching youtube and reading posts about everything i thought the prochamber was really good. After buying it when i would continue reading forums i saw a couple people say they think the prochamber was too quiet for them. i started second guessing myself if i went the right way.

My question is would an o/r X or o/r H be better for me. I still want it to sound good but i want it to be loud. from earlier readings i remember something about since its the borla muffler is a straight through design to not go with an H. I would like it to rumble though and that comes with more with the H than an X. Im not opposed to the X pipe if it will still sound pretty good and be louder. Please list your opinions.

Im only looking to change my mid-pipe though. If you think that there is something else that might be a problem that i can fix myself to maybe make it louder like maybe an exhaust leak let me know. Also if you have heard my setup in person and think that it is loud compareable to other exhaust and i just have wishful thinking let me know that too. With just changing the mid-pipe i would do the install myself.

Sorry for the long post i just wanted to let you know of everything i know about the topic so you can better inform me. thank you.
Quality AND loud tone = SLP Loudmouth II's (or Flowmaster Original 40's) and offroad H-pipe
Old 12-03-2008, 11:55 AM
iMTB
2nd Gear Member

H-pipe sounds like a truck.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:27 PM
russell16
1st Gear Member

I couldnt figure out how to post the video in the forum.

first video is in car, second video is from the third story of my girlfriends apartment

http://video.cardomain.com/clip.aspx...B9C6DC55756F42

The first time i drive by is at a normal acceleration, and the second time is WOT
You first start to hear my car at 6 seconds, and then again at 55 is when i run back by

http://video.cardomain.com/clip.aspx...90880276D694ED
Old 12-03-2008, 10:36 PM
01snake
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DaRkHoRsE2003
They guarantee it my friend !!
they say that so idiots like you go and buy one, yea you will get 23 hp...WITH FULL EXHAUST

you want the loudest thing to hit the road...slp 1's and a o/r x

you want to still be able to think when driving...o/r x and flowmaster 40's/magnapacks/slp 2's

remember LT's will quite your car down at idle but at WOT it will scream
Old 12-03-2008, 11:43 PM
NotStok
3rd Gear Member

I vote you ditch the prochamber for an O/R X and a Mac catback. Incredibly loud but also sounds like your car is coming straight from the gates of Hell. I can't wait until my LT's go on.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:48 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Originally Posted by NotStok
I vote you ditch the prochamber for an O/R X and a Mac catback. Incredibly loud but also sounds like your car is coming straight from the gates of Hell. I can't wait until my LT's go on.
Thats my setup, and I agree with this guy

Whats goin on down in slower lower this weekend man?
Old 12-03-2008, 11:54 PM
NotStok
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT
Whats goin on down in slower lower this weekend man?
Most likely a whole lot of nothin, man, haha. Generally if you roll by the Wawa in Lewes on a Friday or Saturday night there will be a good number of people out there with their cars meeting to cruise or race.

A lot of the guys with the real nice cars either went back to school to finally get their degrees or just don't cruise much in the winter. I know sometimes in Dover the big boys come out with their KB Cobras and such. Me you and Dime gotta cruise sometime!