MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   98 Cobra Nitrous Help (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/504027-98-cobra-nitrous-help.html)

mhungaski 12-13-2008 11:34 PM

98 Cobra Nitrous Help

I have a 98 cobra with a few bolt-on's and I'm looking to put a nitrous kit on it. I really want information as to how the nitrous systems work and what all i need to install nitrous on my car. For instance, from the bottle you run the line to the solenoid and so on? What size jets do I need? I know I can just buy a kit and it will have everything I need but I want to Know more about how it works and how all the parts go together. I dont know just general info on how it all works and tips would be great.

ezking 12-14-2008 09:18 AM

www.howstuffworks.com

it's a lot of typing.

mhungaski 12-15-2008 08:57 AM

thanks. It really only shoes how it works but i want to know if i wanted to buy a nitrous system in all parts what are the pieces i would need and how do i put them together. do you know a website that shows that?

CAMDUP 12-15-2008 11:03 AM

a good n2o kit will come with everything u need and it will tell u how to hook it up

dennis_112 12-15-2008 11:16 AM

Nitrous Expresss's website has the install info if you wanted to look it up. Pretty simple though, you got a bottle mounted in the trunk with a nitrous line going to a solenoid under the hood, the solenoid is electronically controlled form a button or WOT switch, a line from the nitrous solenoid to the plate or nozzle. The fuel side will come off your fuel rail then to a fuel solenoid, then a line to the plate or nozzle. Which is also eletronically controlled form the same button or WOT switch. When you hit the button or go WOT the solenoid's are activated and the fuel and nitrous are injected at high pressure into your intake uping the oxygen level giving you a big boost in HP/TQ. There are many more components you can add like a window switch and so on. The difference between a dry and wet is a dry will omit the fuel part above and will only inject nitrous. There are more things to consider mainly bottle pressure. You dont want the pressure to low or to high. 900-1000 psi is perfect. You will need a guage to keep an eye on your pressure. If you live some where cold you would want to consider a bottle warmer to keep the pressure where it needs to be. A purge kit is more for show IMO, but it takes the air out of the line and some say its worth a tenth. I run the NX plate kit for some time before I went with a procharger which is on all the time. Hehe.

WhiteFoxGT 12-15-2008 11:18 AM

You are going to need a "complete" wet kit, and then a window switch and TPS switch if you want to do it right.

Summitracing.com is your friend. Look for the stuff dude we arent here to do research for you