4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

got it back!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 01:58 AM
04GT
1st Gear Member

Default got it back!

hey im the 16 year old 04 GT mustang driver....alright so my dad took my car away cause i couldnt keep up with the car and insurance bill.....so ive been driving a damn taurus.....everyday i would come home and just see my stang parked..and i would literally want to cry...i missed it soo much ....so one day i got soo damn pissed...i got three jobs....and worked my a** off for a month...and i slapped a load of money in my dads face and he said...."wait one more month and make the next payment....i dont want you to bullshi* me again with your car bills"...so i just gotta wait till june 16...pay the next payments for insurance and the car..and im good....THANK GOD...I LOVE MY MUSTANG......oh and i burned up my tires in 5 months..so i gotta get new tires...maybe thats why he was also mad.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:05 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: got it back!

What happens after June 16?

Are you keeping the 3 jobs to pay for this car?

I can seriously see your dads point of view. Responsibility is a big deal, giving a car like that to a 16yr old that can't make the payments or afford the insurance is rediculous. Should I ask how you got the car in the first place? Sounds like your dad is paying for it, and your paying him back. He's doing you a favor by saving your credit history on not HAVING to make those high car payments, or insurance. And you show him your responsible by burning off the tires in 5 months.

Smooth! [:-]
Old 06-03-2005, 03:05 AM
98UAGT
2nd Gear Member

I am in the same boat as 04, but with the view of Quickshift. I am 16 and got a 98 GT because my dad had promised to buy me a car if I made straight A's all the way through my sophomore year. I was retarded and did donuts and completely abused my car. Then... I got pulled over for doing a burnout, and I luckily got away with a warning. My dad just about raped me! I saw that he had worked his *** off to get me this car while I was out abusing it. I now baby the crap out of my car! I won't park within 50 feet of another car in a parking lot!
Old 06-03-2005, 03:44 AM
PonyRider98
2nd Gear Member

you're one olf the lucky ones, when I got my car, I couldnt drive it for 2 months because my parents didnt feel that I deserve it because of my grades in high school. I had to work my azz off to finally drive it 2 days before graduation, but I did enjoy doin a donut in the parkin lot in front of the principal.....but thats another story...
Old 06-03-2005, 10:07 AM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

I couldn't imagine driving a GT when I was 16 (I'm 37 now). You guys should consider yourselves privilidged and do your best not to **ck it up.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:30 AM
Fat Nick
I ♥ Acer

I got mine at 17 with my parents to co-sign it. Got it brand new. The only thing I do with it is drive it a lot, 39k miles in a year and a half and I love to go to the dragstrip. Not big into the whole street racing thing. The car is in my name and I make the payments on it and have established my credit. While I was in school, I always worked around 35+ hours a week. My parents do however help me with the insurance, but will be taking that over soon now that I make more money. I pay for repairs, mods, gas, payments, etc. I'm on tire set #3. Tires don't last long on these cars, maybe 20k tops. The Goodyears I did however replaced early since I was able to get a great deal on 4 practically new Michelins, since then I've moved onto Nittos and never looking back.

But for your info, check out www.discountttiredirect.com for your tires, I got my Nittos for $106 a piece. They're the best tire and best deal out there. Nitto NT-555 Extreme Performance.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:17 PM
04GT
1st Gear Member

well i paid everything for the car...i made the down payment and everything..my dad didnt help me at all....all he did was sign for it...and since he works in the union at ford....i got a pretty nice discount on the car..so they payments for my 04 gt are only 350 a month...and my insurance is only 125 a month...but the damn gas for the car is like more than the car payment itself....but anyways im keeping the 3 jobs for the car...i guess im going to try to make a lot of money so i can pay my dad a huge lump sum so i dont have to worry about payments for a few months. but i have to pay this months payment in order to get his trust back....but i thought he would understand...i was in school having a hard month and all i wanted was just for him to help me ONE MONTH....so it looks like no matter what i need to get those payments in EVERY month or my a** is grass.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:27 PM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

so it looks like no matter what i need to get those payments in EVERY month or my a** is grass.

Such is the way of life, if I don't pay my $1600+ in bills each month I would be living out in the street. But work your *** off and get through college, and you can get a decent job and it's well worth it.

Your dad is apparently trying to teach you a valuable lesson, without giving you the consequences a lot of us never had the chance to avoid. Losing your car and screwing up your credit history would be VERY bad, I would listen to every word your dad has to say and live up to his expectations. I'm sure he's speaking from experience.