4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

MAGNAFLOWS ROCK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 11:07 AM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: MAGNAFLOWS ROCK!!!

I believe that my drone has increased a bit now that they are broken in. I first put mine on 8/2/04 back when I lived in St. Louis area and drove > 2 hours round trip daily. Now I only drive a few miles daily and I have > 22,000 on the GT. The drone is not bad. The worse it ever gets is when I pull this hill on I-540 in the morning at like 75 MPH in 5th you can hear it a bit but it does not drown out the radio or cell. When you first put on the Magnaflows they aren't much louder than stock.

Don't worry, you won't be disapointed. Heads will turn!
Old 06-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Quatrocky
2nd Gear Member

I think the magnaflows sound pretty good. I had them on my old car, and plan on getting them for my current car. good choice.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:07 PM
pete1665
2nd Gear Member

I just installed a set of Magnaflows lastnight with a MAC H, i drove it around town today and i turned SO many heads!! Great low/deep rumble when you get on it and super quite when im just cruzing around(it almost seems more quiet than stock when cruzing). I cant wait till they break in! Congrats dude.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Acer2428
Site Mod

ORIGINAL: pete1665

I just installed a set of Magnaflows lastnight with a MAC H, i drove it around town today and i turned SO many heads!! Great low/deep rumble when you get on it and super quite when im just cruzing around(it almost seems more quiet than stock when cruzing). I cant wait till they break in! Congrats dude.
Best magnaflow setup... H-pipe + magnaflows.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:47 PM
Serius211

I just had magnaflow mufflers installed today on my 04' GT. I'm feelin the deep tone, but they are a little on the quiet side. But they do get louder after break-in? And if they do how long does it usually take to break them in?
Old 06-15-2005, 11:52 PM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

Takes about a week if you are a normal driver.

They are just louder then stock at idle if you have the packs, and sound stock with the magnaflows. Both systems scream when gone WOT, the pack system being louder.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:28 AM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

I had 2 different sets of chambered mufflers welded in on my car (Ravin and flows) and I loved the sound of both but I absolutely HATED the old Mustang 2k drone. It used to drive me nuts on the highway.

I chose the Magnaflow catback because everyone said that they don't drone.....I was also happy that I was getting an extra 2 HP LOL.

I have the magnaflow catted X pipe as well and it sounds really nice and mellow but still plenty aggressive.....then it just screams at WOT.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:49 AM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

It seems like they got louder over a period of months and I drove 2 hours round trip daily mostly hiway some rush hour. I got to hear mine tonight as I allowed my wife to make a beer run. It's a deep powerful sound that does not sound like anything else. If you have your heart set on scarying people with decibles then you WILL be disapointed. Sometimes I wish mine were a little louder but most of the time I love them just the way they are. My only complaint is that I don't get to hear them very often from a curbside aspect. I agree that the Magnaflows are probably worth a couple of HP over chambered assuming that you have mods that make your stang want to breath hard and that you have uncorked your cats.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:27 AM
longsword65

i love my magnaflows! i like that fact that i can choose how loud they are with engine rpm. comin home late and don't want to disturb the neighbors - keep rpms below 1500 and you can whisper into the driveway, wanna talk while driving on the freeway - under 2500 is great, wanna turn heads - 3500+ will do it. Awesome sounding thru the whole spectrum - from quiet rumble to throaty howl.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:27 AM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

Ok I've let my wife drive my GT twice this past few days. Once while I was in front of the house and she pulled away and later she came back. Once while I was driving the Suburban and she in the GT and she kept blowing by me at stoplights and stuff. When she tore past me, I think I shat myself. The sound is so dang mean. Can't believe how low pitched it is. PS I think that bumping the timing way up via predator makes it sound slightly different too! I know it makes it smell different!

Quick Reply: MAGNAFLOWS ROCK!!!