4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

does anybody else bottom out hardcore with eibach pro kit springs?

Old 01-20-2009, 09:53 AM
massred98gt
2nd Gear Member

Default does anybody else bottom out hardcore with eibach pro kit springs?

i love the look and quality of handling with these springs, but i'm tired of constantly having to know where every bump in the road is. I also have an slp catted-x that hangs alittle lower than stock but thats shouldn't matter. I drove into my buddies garrage the other day to change my tires and bottomeed out so bad i took a chunk of concrete out of his entrence. I mean that was the last straw, my car started surging i thought i cracked my header or something.

so the question is where can i get springs that give the car a nice squat, but don't lower the car 1.5" does anybody else have this problem???
Old 01-20-2009, 10:04 AM
tws1098
4th Gear Member

it is just a thought, but you may be able to adjust your midpipe. I also have the slp catted x and if you mess around with it a little you can get it to sit up a little higher. Also be sure the cats are turned to the correct position (the one side is bigger than the other, and will therefore hang down farther).
Old 01-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Blk N Wht GT
2nd Gear Member

I have the Eibach Sportlines (which are lower than the Pro Kit) and if I'm not being careful and just plowing over speed bumps and stuff then yeah, I'll hit. However, if you're careful you can avoid bumps by going slower over them or angling. I have BBK Longtubes and they hang a lot lower than stock and on some bumps I'll hit if I'm not careful. Basically, if you lower your car, you gotta be careful. You could get bigger wheels if you want and that would create a taller tire and your car won't be so low.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:00 PM
massred98gt
2nd Gear Member

u have sportlines with long tubes wow. I have to be annoyingly careful. lol i got stuck at a dunkin dounuts drive through yesterday with my budy in the car with some ice fishing gear in the car. so there was like an extra 250 lbs weighin down the car. there was a speed bump that i couldn't get over. angling while going over it didn't help so i was just like **** this and gave it some gas while angling over it scraped the f**k out of my cats. ohh ya i smashed one cat so bad that the comb in it is completely broken. i took it off and tipped it upside down and all the ceramic and gold etc came out lol. just annoying. how does everybody like the c springs??
Old 01-21-2009, 01:35 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

I think you have unreal expectations from a lowered vehicle. Basically the old saying 'you can't have your cake and eat it too' comes to mind. And like others have mentioned, with the pro kit you really aren't that low. If it really bugs you, go with an air ride set up. Low when you want it, then when you get to a speed bump or drive way.... pop it up.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Eagle2000GT
4th Gear Member

A taller tire would help. 255/50-17s will raise your frame 2/3 inch higher. They will also fill up your wheel well 2/3 inch more.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:01 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

I have sportlines and Mac LT also and if i have 4 people in my car thats including me, i cannot go over speed bumps with out scraping my exhaust all over the place. I became a master at going over bumps at an angle, and avoiding them period.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:30 PM
massred98gt
2nd Gear Member

but i like cake lol but no i was just trying to see if anybody else scrapes as bad as i do. the pro kit came with the car when i bought it so i haven't touched it. i wonder if he took the isolators out??? its freezin here right now so i can't check but that could prob be a reason im lying alittle lower.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:40 PM
vroompshhtsi
1st Gear Member

I have the pro-kit on my 03 GT. My mid-pipe hangs a little lower than I might like, but I haven't had any bottom out problems. I still have my isolators on.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:39 PM
Blk N Wht GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTRACER88
I have sportlines and Mac LT also and if i have 4 people in my car thats including me, i cannot go over speed bumps with out scraping my exhaust all over the place. I became a master at going over bumps at an angle, and avoiding them period.
+1 for that. It's exactly the same for me.

Btw, how much for the 90mm MAF? (you can PM me if you want)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: does anybody else bottom out hardcore with eibach pro kit springs?