4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

shouldve got subframes-roof bent

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 04:39 PM
cisurfer
5th Gear Member

Default shouldve got subframes-roof bent

yes i know i shouldve gotten subframes along time ago but now i have noticed in the corners of my roof, front and back, its not round anymore its starting to buckle up, i know i have to get subframe before i put my DRs back on in the spring, is there anyway i can fix this or reverse this because knowing its there is killin me
Old 01-22-2009, 05:14 PM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

i havnt heard of these cars doing that before, do you have any pics. You should probably have the frame checked out if the cars bending.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:35 PM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

+1 I've never heard of a new edge bending, I've seen it happen to foxes before but nothing past that... post some pics if you've got them
Old 01-22-2009, 07:47 PM
bigmike83
1st Gear Member

dang i've never seen them bend the roof but i've seen them dent the quarters.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:59 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cisurfer
yes i know i shouldve gotten subframes along time ago but now i have noticed in the corners of my roof, front and back, its not round anymore its starting to buckle up, i know i have to get subframe before i put my DRs back on in the spring, is there anyway i can fix this or reverse this because knowing its there is killin me

Man I feel lucky. I've gotten down on my car preety hard more once (before I bought the subframe connectors) and never had any issues. Man I didn't know what subframes were until someone on this forum suggested that I buy them. Has the car been in a accident???
Old 01-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cisurfer

You didn't do that from that lack of mods! lol

Anything you can do? Sell it start over...
Old 01-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
You didn't do that from that lack of mods! lol

Anything you can do? Sell it start over...

Didn't wanna say it but I agree. That's why I asked had the car been wrecked. Something is mos def not right.. If I was this guy I would do a vin number check...
Old 01-22-2009, 08:22 PM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

ive heard of peoples frames being not fully strait on cars that were run hard but never anything like this
Old 01-22-2009, 08:48 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

That does not sound even close to possible. A 240rwhp car doesn't have a chance of distorting the roof. I see no control arms on your mod list? The rubber bushings in your stock suspension allow the drivetrain to move a great deal and put almost no stress on the body.

What's the best 60ft you've ever cut with the car? If it's not lower than 1.55, I don't believe

I have SLIGHTLY wrinkled the driver side quarter panel on my car. But it consistently dead hooked 600rwtq and went a 1.43 60ft.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:48 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ZW99GT
That does not sound even close to possible. A 240rwhp car doesn't have a chance of distorting the roof. I see no control arms on your mod list? The rubber bushings in your stock suspension allow the drivetrain to move a great deal and put almost no stress on the body.

What's the best 60ft you've ever cut with the car? If it's not lower than 1.55, I don't believe

I have SLIGHTLY wrinkled the driver side quarter panel on my car. But it consistently dead hooked 600rwtq and went a 1.43 60ft.
You'd be amazed at how easy it is to twist the unibody, also forces on the car from drag racing and taking corners are different so it can be caused by that. Just from events (video for an hpde I've been in and a soloII event) I've driven and comparing the different mustangs out there and mine in video's makes ya realized how weak the sn95 chassis is.

Quick Reply: shouldve got subframes-roof bent