4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Steeda U/D Pullies

Old 02-04-2009, 03:47 PM
mstang2k6
1st Gear Member

Default Steeda U/D Pullies

I was thinking about getting STEEDA U/P set. I've been reading a lot of threads of mixed opinons over whether the mod was worth getting or not. I realize the pros are freeing up h/p and possibly better gas milage, the cons being that the install can f-up your car(if not done correctly, which seems to be quite possible). I was going to have a local shop do the install which I could provide him with the instructions with STEEDA which I think he would follow(he's an honest guy). So ultimately is this mod worth the hassle or should I just get other things like an intake, pendlum, mass air flow sensor, etc... instead?
Old 02-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Black_GT_02
4th Gear Member

Installation is really simple. I noticed a little gain in gas milage but no real power gain. Windows go up a tad slower but no notice in max output of A/C.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:08 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

i would do them. and its called a plenum, and a MAF sensor wont help your car idk why everyonr thinks they will
Old 02-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Trob
1st Gear Member

instillation isnt hard, but i definetly wouldnt waste the money having a shop put it on, unless you are really not a d.i.y. kinda guy. but following the instructions anyone should be able to install them correctly. but they wont make much of a difference at all, get them if you want them. performance wise, i would do the cold air intake, throttle body and plenum combo, way before the steeda udp's. but thats me its your car do what you would like to do.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:03 PM
MustangMike88
1st Gear Member

Doing the CAI and TB combo is awesome and very simple to do on your own. The UDP's are also very simple. Therefore for about 400-500 bucks you can free up a little extra power and make your engine bay look really good.(if you buy chrome). Don't waste your money with a shop doing that stuff. You can do it yourself. A good idea is to go to youtube and search UDP install for your car. It will make you more confident to watch a video before tackling the project on your own blindly.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:48 AM
mstang2k6
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by boduke0220
i would do them. and its called a plenum, and a MAF sensor wont help your car idk why everyonr thinks they will
The reason i was thinking it might help is b/c it's been dyno tested and proven(at least in the link provided): http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...ons/index.html
Old 02-05-2009, 06:51 AM
BOSTANG
2nd Gear Member

No one part stand along. They all add up. A little here and a little there. You have to start some where. So dont let this be the only thing you do.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:16 AM
stang04chris
2nd Gear Member

i got my udp and throttle body and plenum from stage3performance for 450 in a pack, installing all three i felt a gain. i probably would not have gotten pullies if it was not in a pack
Old 02-05-2009, 08:33 AM
OzzDOA
3rd Gear Member

If you aren't planning on doing some sort of power adder then UDPs are worth it. The Steeda ones are very nice and beside March would be the only ones I'd use. I had my Steeda pulleys installed and the car dyno'd the same day. I picked up 9 hp/10 tq with just the pulleys. After the custom tune was done I was up 31 hp and 24 tq at the wheels. Not bad for a set of pulleys and a little dyno time.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:09 AM
98SN95
2nd Gear Member

well, i also have pullies. but the only thing i dont like about them is the output of the alternator, at idle with all loads on, ac-lights-blinkers, the lights go dim, now also if the alternator cant put out the neccesary voltage it can lead to problems like burning up your cooling fan and then you have to do a pi swap, like i had to do because my fan went out, car overheated and i didnt notice till it was to late. im currently running the pullies minus the one for the alt.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Steeda U/D Pullies