4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
View Poll Results: A poll
Nitrous
45.00%
LT's and Midpipe
55.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Longtubes and O/R Mid Pipe or Nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 01:59 PM
DuckyGt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Longtubes and O/R Mid Pipe or Nitrous?

get some spray with no exhaust your gonna sound stock. A total sleeper youd catch my *** off guard with my loud *** car
Old 06-11-2005, 03:28 PM
OUZBnd
3rd Gear Member

Well, i think i've decided to go with the long tubes/midpipe combo over nitrous for now. What are the brands I should stay away from? I know MAC, BBK, and Hooker all make longtubes for my 02 GT, any opinions on which is the best? What about the midpipe? What brands make one for a longtube application. I know there is a prochamber that will work, any others? I'd really like a SS midpipe and some nice ceramic coated headers that will last me. Thanks
Old 06-16-2005, 03:31 PM
MustangGT3420
1st Gear Member

thats been taken care of for a long time
ya it has
Old 06-16-2005, 04:25 PM
DreamKing
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OUZBnd

Well, i think i've decided to go with the long tubes/midpipe combo over nitrous for now. What are the brands I should stay away from? I know MAC, BBK, and Hooker all make longtubes for my 02 GT, any opinions on which is the best? What about the midpipe? What brands make one for a longtube application. I know there is a prochamber that will work, any others? I'd really like a SS midpipe and some nice ceramic coated headers that will last me. Thanks
I am curious also. Who can offer some insight in regards to his questions?
Old 06-16-2005, 05:06 PM
OUZBnd
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DreamKing

FYI, i ended up going with MAC ceramic coated longtubes and matching prochamber. I ordered today. Along with that i got O2 extensions and MIL eliminators. Shipped to my door for $675, thats a killer price.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:35 PM
DreamKing
2nd Gear Member

FYI, i ended up going with MAC ceramic coated longtubes and matching prochamber. I ordered today. Along with that i got O2 extensions and MIL eliminators. Shipped to my door for $675, thats a killer price.
From where? And how does it sound?
Old 06-16-2005, 06:51 PM
OUZBnd
3rd Gear Member

From where? And how does it sound?
Haven't got them yet, so dont know on the sound. I ordered from a guy on corral.net. i believe its dsr3.com His email is mustang2race@dsr3.com I checked around many places before ordering and he was the cheapest by far for this setup. Everyone on corral says he's great to deal with also. Good luck
Old 06-16-2005, 07:40 PM
thasalvoo
1st Gear Member

I have the same question with my mods would it be safe to run a 100 shot wet? im just worried about the compression??????????????