4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Need Help H.I.D Lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 12:59 AM
dmgzpony04

Default Need Help H.I.D Lights

Hello,
I installed my headlights with no prob,but i am having trouble with the FOG LIGHTS and placing the ballast.I have the screws it came with, zip tie's and double sided tape lol can anyone give some tips.or any anyone in socal can hook it up $$$$lol thanks...
Old 02-19-2009, 09:21 AM
iowanine
3rd Gear Member

Some people have placed them inside the bumped under/behind the foglights or possibly up in front of the battery on the driver side and under the air filter on the passenger side. Just look around for the best place for you to put it and secure it.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:30 AM
alexr
★★★★★

here's a tip, just put your stock bulbs back in. youre not gonna be able to see **** with HID's in your stock headlights. theyre not made for HID's and youre going to have a hard time seeing the road.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:45 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ARdoller
here's a tip, just put your stock bulbs back in. youre not gonna be able to see **** with HID's in your stock headlights. theyre not made for HID's and youre going to have a hard time seeing the road.
Do what? Have you never seen a stang with HIDs? They work about 4x better than the stock bulbs could ever.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:28 PM
HateWhatOwnsYou
2nd Gear Member

your high....
Old 02-19-2009, 12:36 PM
joeymustang
2nd Gear Member

ignorance is a bliss...
Old 02-19-2009, 01:41 PM
alexr
★★★★★

Originally Posted by H0SS302
Do what? Have you never seen a stang with HIDs? They work about 4x better than the stock bulbs could ever.
i have HID's in my halogen housings. and i was stupid for doing it.

theyre not only not meant for halogen housings, but theyre also illegal.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:45 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

i have HID's in my halogen housings. and i was stupid for doing it.

theyre not only not meant for halogen housings, but theyre also illegal.
Every HID I have seen on a Mustang is WAY brighter than the stock lights, so I dont know where your getting this not ment for them business..

and illegal... half the crap ppl have on there mustangs are illegal.. That tail light tint you have on sure doesnt look legal lol
Old 02-19-2009, 01:47 PM
alexr
★★★★★

just because its brigher, doesnt mean it works better.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:54 PM
alexr
★★★★★

automotive HID bulbs, are miniature Metal Halide bulbs. Metal Halide filaments burn differently than Halogen bulbs. Halogen bulbs use a filament, which burns more at the edges where the electrodes are attached to the filament, than at the center. Metal Halide bulbs use a gas chamber as "filament", which burns evenly in a small glass bulb.

stock mustang headlight housings are meant to DIFFUSE AND REFLECT light, which is how a halogen bulb is meant to emit light. Metal Halide (HID) bulbs, are meant to be FOCUSED at what its lighting up.

which means, HID's are DESIGNED and are only to be LEGALLY used in projectors.

if you want, next time it rains, or im driving anywhere where theres any kind of ambient light, ill take a picture to show you that you cant even tell my headlights are even on.

Quick Reply: Need Help H.I.D Lights