4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Draw-Thru setup Question (IAT sensor relocation)?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 07:25 PM
nbatchler
1st Gear Member

Default Draw-Thru setup Question (IAT sensor relocation)?

ok intercooler question. When I go to the intercooler, if I keep my mass(lightening) on the powerpipe and my bov venting through the system(not atomosphere), but have my IAT sensor in the piping about 2 feet away from the throttlebody do u think it will idle right or will it still be trying to dump in metered air? Trying to figure the best way to run this setup and not peg out my Lighting MAF?
Old 03-18-2009, 07:40 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

all your IAT sensor does is monitor your air intake temp. As long as its after the intercooler I am pretty sure its fine
Old 03-18-2009, 08:09 PM
nbatchler
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jvog
all your IAT sensor does is monitor your air intake temp. As long as its after the intercooler I am pretty sure its fine
ok, so my mass and bov(bosch) will be fine on the powerpipe? Would it give me more power to do a blow-thru setup and install the mass into the piping about 2 feet from the throttlebody and keep the bov the same way it is venting threw the system(not atmosphere). Also installing the IAT sensor in between the TB and mass?
Old 03-18-2009, 08:28 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

Typically, but not always, if people run a blow through setup they run a blow off valve and vent the air to the atmosphere but theoretically you could still run it back to an intake pipe. It doesn't give you any more power by simply switching to a blow through setup. And yes, your MAF and bosch bypass will work fine.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:16 PM
nbatchler
1st Gear Member

Typically, but not always, if people run a blow through setup they run a blow off valve and vent the air to the atmosphere but theoretically you could still run it back to an intake pipe. It doesn't give you any more power by simply switching to a blow through setup. And yes, your MAF and bosch bypass will work fine.
sorry for all the questions, but it is the way i learn. What is the most boost non-intercoolered do u think I can run(safe)?
Old 03-18-2009, 09:24 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

its cool I like helping out. Asking questions is how I learned the info I am telling you. Well we did decide that an intercooler is cheap insurance. If you didn't want to get an intercooler right now, I would run most likely run the stock 3.6 pulley, but you could probably get away with the 3.33. All the intercooler does it lower your intake temps which allows you to pull more timing. Since you don't have an intercooler just make sure your tuner doesnt go crazy with timing and you should be ok.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:36 PM
nbatchler
1st Gear Member

its cool I like helping out. Asking questions is how I learned the info I am telling you. Well we did decide that an intercooler is cheap insurance. If you didn't want to get an intercooler right now, I would run most likely run the stock 3.6 pulley, but you could probably get away with the 3.33. All the intercooler does it lower your intake temps which allows you to pull more timing. Since you don't have an intercooler just make sure your tuner doesnt go crazy with timing and you should be ok.
ok thanks man.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:55 PM
superchargedyllwstang

im running and intercooler on a vortech with a pro m blow through, and venting a bosch diverter to atmosphere. Do i need to put my iat after the intercooler also?? what will happend if i keep it on my intake?
Old 03-18-2009, 10:03 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

You need it after your intercooler otherwise the intercooler will be pretty much useless. It needs to be after the intercooler so it reads the cooler intake temps
Old 03-20-2009, 01:23 PM
superchargedyllwstang

how to you install it w.o leaking boost?

Quick Reply: Draw-Thru setup Question (IAT sensor relocation)?