4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

DO I HAVE A S/C I DONT KNOW ABOUT?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 05:37 PM
firemedix911
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: DO I HAVE A S/C I DONT KNOW ABOUT?

He was being sarcastic man.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:05 PM
Obselite
3rd Gear Member

...it's called sarcasm, yes I know what a blower looks like.

I think you guys are right about the filter, because I noticed that it changes at different rpm's. at idle it doesnt make the whistle, and mid rpm's it is a little "whistley" and then at higher rpm's (like 4-6) it starts to get louder...I have a MAC intake. it didnt do it before though, so that's why i didnt suspect the intake to be the problem, it just started about a week ago and iv had it on for like 2 months.

i dont care that it does it, just making sure it wasnt anything serious, which i doubted it was since no alerts came on and nothing seemed wrong. thanks guys!
Old 06-16-2005, 07:17 PM
OUZBnd
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Obselite

I think you guys are right about the filter, because I noticed that it changes at different rpm's. at idle it doesnt make the whistle, and mid rpm's it is a little "whistley" and then at higher rpm's (like 4-6) it starts to get louder...I have a MAC intake. it didnt do it before though, so that's why i didnt suspect the intake to be the problem, it just started about a week ago and iv had it on for like 2 months.

i dont care that it does it, just making sure it wasnt anything serious, which i doubted it was since no alerts came on and nothing seemed wrong. thanks guys!

you better check it out. It sounds like it is loose somewhere and air is being sucked in places that aren't the filter.. which isnt good, because that means all the dirt is coming in too.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:30 PM
Obselite
3rd Gear Member

okay..ill fire 'er up and check for leaks. besides the intake where else should I check for?
Old 06-16-2005, 08:27 PM
devinsteen
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Obselite

LOL...sorry man. I didn't even read the last line of your post[8D]....I'm a little tired today[sm=sleeping.gif]
Old 06-16-2005, 09:39 PM
Obselite
3rd Gear Member

lol its cool
Old 06-16-2005, 10:21 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

i got that same noise. cept it almost sounds like a faint ambulance. drives me nuts.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:38 PM
longsword65

When you add an aftermarket TB there is frequently a lip between the TB and the plenum where they do not match each other exactly. Under medium to high acceleration the air flowing over the lip makes a whistling sound caused by turbulence. Power loss due to the turbulent whistle is no more than about 1hp in a N/A 2v 4.6L - not really significant. The fix is to have your plenum port matched to the TB. Not sure if this is your problem, but it is common. Up to you whether or not the 1hp loss is worth the $ for the port match.
hope this helps.
Art
Old 06-16-2005, 10:55 PM
Stang9946
4th Gear Member

This is for a 4.6L 283 Chevy, but never the less:

Weiand 6-71 supercharger
Old 06-16-2005, 10:59 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

what are you showinf us and why did you do it?

Quick Reply: DO I HAVE A S/C I DONT KNOW ABOUT?