4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Dyno Day results

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 01:19 PM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

Default Dyno Day results

Well my club had a dyno day yesterday (06-18-05). We had a good turn out for our first dyno day. I am happy with my numbers. I ended up with 244rwhp with 284rwtq corrected.

My first pull was 239 with 278, I added 1deg of timing and leaned it out a bit up top and richened it down low and picked up 5 with 6. they Dyno shop was impressed with my car. He said I have a strong motor for it's mods.

I only had two issues, on the second pull the throttle got stuck open and slammed the limiter 5-6times [], ended up that the throttle stop got caught on my intake clamp. A little twist and that was fixed, and the second was I ran out of pulls before I could get the lowend A/F a tad better, but runs a solid 12.5 after 4k.

Anywho here are my stock numbers (1 1/2yrs ago) and yesterday modded.

Old 06-19-2005, 01:47 PM
The Great Cornholio
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Dyno Day results

Looks good. You could stand to lean out the A/F to just under 13 above 4000 rpm if possible.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:50 PM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

I was thinking about it but with no knock sensors on a 2v, 12.5 is safer. Just on tip in it's lean put adding fuel will richen it up right before 4k and then lean out.

Dyno shop says it looks good.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:54 PM
GodAmGT00
5th Gear Member

Hey SilverGTV8,

That looks pretty good for a baseline.. What are your mods so far??

The other question I had was, which gear did you decide to Dyno in??

The last one ? I had was, where are you at in New Eng?? I am moving back to Worcester (looks like either that or Auburn) where you had it Dyno'ed before..

JT
95 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 12.7 @ 103mph (R.I.P.)
00 Mustang GT - Too Slow to Race, so far....
Old 06-19-2005, 02:02 PM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

Stock the motor was strong, that with 3k on the clock and no mods.

The modded set up is: tunable induction full kit, 75mm Accufab, C&L Plenum (P&P by me), magnaflow catted x, magnapack cat back, royal purple front to back, denso irdiums, predator tune, 4.10s.

Other non power adder stuff to, MGW Shifter, chin spoiler, grill delete, clear bumpers, etc etc

I live in West Brookfield about 30mins outside of Worcester. My GF is from worcester. The first dyno place was just sold and I don't know the owner, but the last shop is one of the best mustang shops in NE. Mike Dez is awesome.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:09 PM
GodAmGT00
5th Gear Member

I have a bunch of family in the Brookfields, Spencer, and that area..

You said they sold one of the Dyno shops up there?? Was that the one in Auburn w/ the AWD Dyno, or was it the one in Worcester that was near Downtown??

I can't wait to get back up to Mass.. However, I'm looking for a beater car to drive around this winter, especially if it's anything like what you guys got this past winter..

Oh yeah, I didn't see what gear you dynoed in.. I've seen a few times in the past, that in different gears, your A/F ratios are a little different... Like a 3rd gear pull you may get a more rich mix low-mid RPM range, and then spike to lean, vs a 4th gear pull that may be rich for a short amount of time, and lean out real low, like a .88V.. I've seen a lot of folks go w/ a Wideband O2 Sensor, or even as far as a Standalone, where they could tune down to 100RPM increments, as far down as 50RPM increments..

That's psycho, but useful if you can get it set first, save the program, and have a default factory setting in case your system craps itself..

JT
Old 06-19-2005, 02:13 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

12.5 is a little rich for a NA motor. 13.5 is a better number..espically in the low rpms. I bought the chip from MDValdosta and it started me out at a 13.7 and as soon as you hit the gas it took me to a 13.5 and stayed there throughout the entire rpm band.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:26 PM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

JD, I worry about knocking with the gas we get up here soemtimes. I 2vs have no knock sensors so I kinda want to watch that. rather be safe then sorry.

JT, I dynoed in 4th. 4th = close to 1:1 ratio and gives a better picture of the motors power.

No the shop is off 146 near the begining, the one in Auburn is closed now, it's a used car lot now.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:37 PM
GodAmGT00
5th Gear Member

That stinks the shop down in Auburn closed.. They used to be the only shop that had an AWD Dyno in the North East.. Obviously there are a few now.. I think that place was called RPM Motorsports.. The guys down there were great, especially to clubs..

That's still pretty impressive with your mods... Were you ever thinking about getting an O/R X Pipe, to swap out with?? What about headers?? I am looking at E/L Shorties, just because of the Cats/Emissions thing... I have an X Pipe on order, although I'd love to get L/T's.... It's a shame..

Do you hang out with any of the Clubs?? I see in your sig. the link to the CT Stang club.. Just looking for some folks to meet up with in Sept. when I get back...

JT
Old 06-19-2005, 03:55 PM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

It was called Adrenaline.

I plan on picking up an offroad X next year, may be an slp[>:]. I not sure what I am going to do with headers. Shorties are worth almost nothing because of the flow capabilites of the stockers. I want to get long tubes but they install price can be steep.

I joined the club back when they started and became the Vice president. I don't know of any other clubs in this area. The club center is about 45mins outside of worcester. Nice group and growing every month.

Quick Reply: Dyno Day results