4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

New Clutch/Fly installed, Quick Q on Adjstmnt

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 02:00 AM
dsg04gt
3rd Gear Member

Question New Clutch/Fly installed, Quick Q on Adjstmnt

Hey guys,
I just had a new Spec Stage 2 and Steel Flywheel installed along with Steeda's clutch adjuster kit. I just got the car back today, and the pedal feels surprisingly nice for still needing to break in the clutch. Question though.. I was looking around online to see how far I should adjust the cable at the firewall, and I'm sorta confused. Click this (http://www.americanmuscle.com/stadclca96.html), enlarge the pic and look at the firewall end of it.. it has a little rubber spacer thing at the end that looks as if its supposed to sit flush with the firewall adjuster, but all the vids/instructions I've found are for stock cables, and they dont have this little spacer. Should I be keeping this spacer almost flush with the adjuster? The pedal currently engages right at the top its travel, and I would prefer it a bit more towards the middle..

Thanks,
Shawn
Old 04-15-2009, 02:06 PM
bobz1871

Originally Posted by dsg04gt
Hey guys,
I just had a new Spec Stage 2 and Steel Flywheel installed along with Steeda's clutch adjuster kit. I just got the car back today, and the pedal feels surprisingly nice for still needing to break in the clutch. Question though.. I was looking around online to see how far I should adjust the cable at the firewall, and I'm sorta confused. Click this (http://www.americanmuscle.com/stadclca96.html), enlarge the pic and look at the firewall end of it.. it has a little rubber spacer thing at the end that looks as if its supposed to sit flush with the firewall adjuster, but all the vids/instructions I've found are for stock cables, and they dont have this little spacer. Should I be keeping this spacer almost flush with the adjuster? The pedal currently engages right at the top its travel, and I would prefer it a bit more towards the middle..

Thanks,
Shawn
If you have an adjustable firewall piece then go goggle Promotion Clutch adjustment, there should be a video on how they adjust there brand on firewall adjustable piece. If you still don't understand it or can't find the website, then let me know and I can explain it to you.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:10 PM
89foxmustang

you want it to engage about half way..you may be burning your clutch if it releases at the top. it may not be fully engaged at that point.