4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Ipod in mustang. . .

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 05:08 PM
JamesDean
2nd Gear Member

Default Ipod in mustang. . .

So I have an Ipod (who doesn't?), and I was wondering how I can hook it up to the factory stereo system without getting a new face plate and having tons of dangling cords and sh** everywhere. Any suggestions and pics of a setup would be nice too. For example is there a way I could plug right into the antenna rather than using one of those crappy FM Transmitters?

Its almost Summer in Cleveland and 6 CD's just isn't enough to get all of the amazing summer songs at once. For example walking on sunshine. Who doesn't love that classic. That song alone deserves a whole CD. Now I only have five cd slots left. lol
Old 04-20-2009, 05:56 PM
bobz1871

Originally Posted by JamesDean
So I have an Ipod (who doesn't?), and I was wondering how I can hook it up to the factory stereo system without getting a new face plate and having tons of dangling cords and sh** everywhere. Any suggestions and pics of a setup would be nice too. For example is there a way I could plug right into the antenna rather than using one of those crappy FM Transmitters?

Its almost Summer in Cleveland and 6 CD's just isn't enough to get all of the amazing summer songs at once. For example walking on sunshine. Who doesn't love that classic. That song alone deserves a whole CD. Now I only have five cd slots left. lol
Go to Crutchfield.com, they have an Ipod controller that is hardwired into the stock head unit. DO NOT get the antenna Ipod controller. THEY SOUND LIKE S#$T!!! My controller was like $60, but it is well worth it and very easy to install!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:11 PM
JamesDean
2nd Gear Member

What is it called and how much is it?
Old 04-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Not worth it, don't bother if you have an 01+ Even if you have other years, it's not worth it.

just saving you the time and effort. If you want to use your Ipod get an aftermarket deck.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:18 PM
JamesDean
2nd Gear Member

Found it.Here is the link if anyone needs it again. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-nxONyEf...p?tab=1#TabTop
Old 04-20-2009, 06:48 PM
bobz1871

Don't listen to the negative comments, unless you want to pay 600-2000 buck for a properly fitting head unit??? USA SPEC iPod® Interface is the one that I have with my Mach sound system, and a 15" Rockford Fosgate series 3 bridged!! It sounds extremely clear!!! Yeah sure I could dump $1,500 on a new head unit, but why would I do that when this works just as well then I can buy more GO FAST S$%T!!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:51 PM
bobz1871

Originally Posted by bobz1871
Don't listen to the negative comments, unless you want to pay 600-2000 buck for a properly fitting head unit??? USA SPEC iPod® Interface is the one that I have with my Mach sound system, and a 15" Rockford Fosgate series 3 bridged!! It sounds extremely clear!!! Yeah sure I could dump $1,500 on a new head unit, but why would I do that when this works just as well then I can buy more GO FAST S$%T!!!!

Also if you do get a new head unit you have to rewire the intire car because of the OHM differance that the speakers run.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

wut up wit double post?

Last edited by Jazzer The Cat; 04-20-2009 at 07:05 PM. Reason: sheeeeet
Old 04-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Originally Posted by JamesDean

I don't have an iPod in my car or anywhere else, as I prefer the quality of CD's

As for limited slots, use the ol' compututor to burn yourself custom CD's of all your Summertime classics

Jazzer is of absolutely ZERO help on this thread
Old 04-20-2009, 07:12 PM
bobz1871

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
wut up wit double post?
Sorry, remembered I had something else too say.

Quick Reply: Ipod in mustang. . .