4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

cobra fuel system swap and BAP limits

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

well i have beem looking at this for the past couple of days
http://www.glennsperformance.com/pro...products_id=61

I had priced all of the fittings ect for the kit ox posted and it came to roughly $1,500 for the lines,fittings,regulator, pump, ect...

I have been looking at this and seems to be a really good buy. Quite a few ppl talk highly of this place and the quality products they produce.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:17 PM
vanquish
4th Gear Member

The link for a baffle is here. It looks kind of rigged but I don't see why it shouldn't work. I would rather do this than spend several hundred on a cobra tank.

http://www.joelynch.org/fuel/pump.html
Old 04-27-2009, 04:30 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by vanquish
The link for a baffle is here. It looks kind of rigged but I don't see why it shouldn't work. I would rather do this than spend several hundred on a cobra tank.

http://www.joelynch.org/fuel/pump.html
That seems kinda sketchy. Are you gonna do this? We should do both of ours at the same time.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

That's it. It's what doughboy did and it's perfect.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:59 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
That's it. It's what doughboy did and it's perfect.
It says its for drag race only, what about everyday rippin arounf on the street?
Old 04-27-2009, 09:20 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

So I read all that and I think I am going to do it. It seems really easy. So the 2003 fuel hat and pump assembly just sits in there with the baffle around it right? There is no longer a bucket...
Old 04-27-2009, 11:30 PM
vanquish
4th Gear Member

I did it already when I installed cobra pumps. The hardest part is cutting out the old bucket support with diagronal cutters and a utility knife. I did it with my tank still partially on the car.

I had to take it apart 2 weeks later to bend the wire up on sending unit because I was reading more fuel than I really had. The baffle was still perfectly in place. It seems to do a good job but I don't really go WOT a lot with less than 1/4 tank of gas anyways. I think the guy who wrote the article said drag race only meaning it's not for autocross or something like that. I think it's fine for the street if you're just going WOT in a straight line.

Livefast on this site told me not to do it and recommended to JB weld a sheet metal baffle in there instead (which is probably a better idea) but I didn't have time and needed my car because my stock fuel pump happened to die when I was right about to put cobra pumps in.

Last edited by vanquish; 04-27-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:48 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by vanquish
I did it already when I installed cobra pumps. The hardest part is cutting out the old bucket support with diagronal cutters and a utility knife. I did it with my tank still partially on the car.

I had to take it apart 2 weeks later to bend the wire up on sending unit because I was reading more fuel than I really had. The baffle was still perfectly in place. It seems to do a good job but I don't really go WOT a lot with less than 1/4 tank of gas anyways. I think the guy who wrote the article said drag race only meaning it's not for autocross or something like that. I think it's fine for the street if you're just going WOT in a straight line.

Livefast on this site told me not to do it and recommended to JB weld a sheet metal baffle in there instead (which is probably a better idea) but I didn't have time and needed my car because my stock fuel pump happened to die when I was right about to put cobra pumps in.
Eric drives the **** out of his car and has a wideband and has never seen a lean condition because of it.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:44 AM
doughboy4.6
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
Eric drives the **** out of his car and has a wideband and has never seen a lean condition because of it.
This is true. If you worry about it just dont let the car get under a 1/4 tank when you are beating it up lol
Old 04-28-2009, 07:43 AM
jvog
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by doughboy4.6
This is true. If you worry about it just dont let the car get under a 1/4 tank when you are beating it up lol
What did you use to tie it to the tank

Quick Reply: cobra fuel system swap and BAP limits