MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   S/C Shaker (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/534695-s-c-shaker.html)

99Shaker 04-29-2009 10:00 AM

S/C Shaker

So after a long and thought out process I have decided I want to s/c the GT. however, I still want to retain my shaker system. which is the best system to do this with? I realize there will have to be modding done to the shaker for it to work. if u go with something like a novi or vortec I may have to lose functionality of the scoop. if I go with something like a roots blower (kenne bell) then I could fab up a bracket or something, clearence is my concern on that though. what do you guys think?

machracer11 04-29-2009 10:47 AM

I am not sure that I have ever seen a s/c kit for a shaker that keeps the shaker functional. I have a Mach and have been looking into a s/c but have basically accepted that the shaker just may not be able to be functional...

And clearance would definitely be an issue with the shaker and a roots type s/c

99Shaker 04-29-2009 11:05 AM

that's what I thought. im gonna find a way. I may go with a procharger and just make the shaker intake tube totally custom then. thanks man. anyone else have anything to add feel free to do so. im always open to suggestions.

Tim99GT 04-29-2009 11:24 AM

As said earlier, they dont make a s/c kit that keeps the shaker functional. Main reasons that come to mind that you will have to deal with if you do the custom thing are:
1)lack of room in engine bay.
2)being there is lack of room, even with a centri unit, no where to place a filter for incomming air flowing into the scoop. If irrc on the mach 1's, the filter box for the scoop air, sits where the centri unit will go. And IDT you will want to run undfiltered air through the blower/motor....

Now i have seen many kits that will fit under the shaker system. but none of the shaker systems were functional. Pretty much have to take everything off the shaker system except for the scoop. The scoop is usually just mounted via brackets for looks.

99Shaker 04-29-2009 11:39 AM

I don't have a mach. its a 99 GT w/the CDC shaker kit. the scoop goes directly to the intake air filter. I could just take the tubing off add let the shaker act as a bay cooler instead?

Tim99GT 04-29-2009 11:42 AM

i know you dont have a mach. thought they were the same setup though. I guess i'd have to see a pic of the tubing/ect...

99Shaker 04-29-2009 11:47 AM

I think I got pics of the bay on here somewhere. look undeer my pics and see if they're there. im on my phone so the mobile version of the site limits me to what I can do. :\

machracer11 04-29-2009 11:49 AM

the set up is basically the same, only difference is the pipe going from the shaker to the air box, it takes a little more space... moving your battery to the back would free up some space, maybe you could manage then

99Shaker 04-29-2009 11:53 AM

lol I have even less space in the trunk! right now it occupied by 2 12" rockfords and an amp. later on will be 1 12" RF (upgrading to P3) an amp an a fuel cell.

grogan 04-29-2009 12:33 PM

they make a s/c shaker adapter on americanmuscle.com thats retains the shaker. but u have to cut a few pieces.