4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Electrical, Window and Hood inquiries

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 11:17 AM
pcskies

Default Electrical, Window and Hood inquiries

I have an 02 GT Premium which I purchased new. Has 45,xxx miles currently. I love the car and just have some inquiries below.

1) Everytime the rear window defroster is ON and I activate the turn signals while driving, the dash lights and headlights turn OFF (scary). Anybody else have this problem and any suggestions on cost of fixing? (Obviously this is only noticeable after dark when the headlights are in use and there is a need to operate the rear window defroster)

2) The GT is at the Ford Dealer today getting the drivers power window repaired. I figured it to be sort of soon for that type of repair but just curious if anyone else has had to have their power window(s) repaired.

3) I was curious if there is a way to adjust the hood on this car. The problem I have is when the hood is opened and I want to shut it, I have to hold the hood about 2 feet above the latching mechanism and let it go so that it will latch properly (loud boom). Most cars I've had in the past I've been able to close the hood by pushing it with the palms of both hands to latch. I'm just curious if there is any adjustment that can be made or if anyone else has this issue? I hate having to latch the hood by dropping it down this way.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

PC
Old 06-22-2005, 11:34 AM
ghoste
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Electrical, Window and Hood inquiries

I have the same problem with my hood. Your already having power window + electrical issues @ 45k? Hmm...
Old 06-22-2005, 12:59 PM
josh4rim
1st Gear Member

Yeah I think that we all have this problem with our hood. I am sure somewhere out there you can buy an after market hood latch/lock and install it and it will be a lot more "sensitive" , doesnt really bother me too much as long as I dont break anything doing it.

45K already replacing the window motor, and having other electrical problems, that sucks, sorry. I would just have the dealership check the electrical problem and see if they will give you a quote on what it will cost to fix, since it is there already.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:27 PM
pcskies

FYI

Just got a call from the dealership. Evidently there are no bad parts that need to be replaced with the power window. They said that the window just came off of the track inside the door.

Thanks for the replies guys.

PC
Old 06-22-2005, 05:37 PM
ghoste
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pcskies

FYI

Just got a call from the dealership. Evidently there are no bad parts that need to be replaced with the power window. They said that the window just came off of the track inside the door.

Thanks for the replies guys.

PC
That sounds more realistic ..... NP
Old 06-22-2005, 07:09 PM
pcskies

Here is another update.

I'm home but the Mustang is still at the dealer.

They called, said the car was done and that the window was back on its track. So I'm there to pick it up. The service advisor is driving it around front to me to take home and he puts the drivers window down and it starts making a pretty loud popping noise. He told me obviously that it needed more then just to be set back on track so they are keeping it overnight again to repair. They did provide a free of charge late model Taurus for me though.

More later.

PC
Old 06-22-2005, 09:13 PM
ghoste
3rd Gear Member

Taurus! Just plain awesome.

Why is it, that everytime you think something is right, something else breaks?
Old 06-22-2005, 09:59 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

I had the same problem with my hood. I moved the latch thats located on the radiator support around until it lined up better, I also oiled up the spring on it too, which helped alot. I also oiled where the metal rubs against metal, try that and see if that fixes it. Now I have no problems it closes like it should.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:38 AM
The02GT
3rd Gear Member

My drivers side window decided that it did not want to go up today so I pulled the door panel off and tapped the motor with a hammer and it worked, so who knows how long thats going to last, putting the door panel back on took me 45 mins, it was a biatch
Old 06-23-2005, 01:43 AM
ghoste
3rd Gear Member

jinxed

Quick Reply: Electrical, Window and Hood inquiries